Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Funny Phone Call 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sacalait

sacalait

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, FL

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:53 AM

Last week I posted about the phone call I received which was a pre-recorded msg. talking about the new exciting features coming to D-Tivo after the first of the year Well when I got home yesterday, there it was. The pre-recorded msg. with the Are you ready for HD. It was the usual D* speak mentioning 5LNB dish, BBC converters, etc. But of course, listening to it just adds fuel to the fire of heightening the anticipation we all have.

And oh by the way, it DID NOT give a start date, much to my chagrin.
SACALAIT

Geaux Saints 2009 Superbowl Champions
LSU Tiger Baseball
National Champs '91, '93, '96, '97, '00, '09

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DFDureiko

DFDureiko

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:48 AM

I got the call yesterday too. I actually called D to ask and was told "sometime this fall"
talk about vague......either they don't tell the CSR's anything, or they are afraid to promise a date and then not do it.
Dan

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:28 AM

I got the call last night. Generally Mrs. Shadow doesn't like when computers call us but in this case their computer was talking to our machine and when you think about it, that's kinda funny.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   MikeR

MikeR

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:32 AM

I got the call last night. Generally Mrs. Shadow doesn't like when computers call us but in this case their computer was talking to our machine and when you think about it, that's kinda funny.

:D I was thinking the same thing last night as I listened to the message, of course I waited 'til the end to hang up -

just in case I had been offered the HR-21P. But alas, no dice.:blush:
HR20-100S 2 lines | Sharp Aquos LC-32DA5U HDMI | Onkyo TX-SR 604 (digital coax) | Polk Audio RC85i
HR20-700S 1 line | Sony KP-51WS510 HDMI-DVI | Panasonic SC-HT95 | Polk Audio RC85i | Networked
R15-500 connected to an old Sanyo (1 line)
Vista Home Premium | BUFFALO WLI-TX4-G54HP | Comcast 6Mbps/Motorola SB5100 modem

#5 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

I hit option 1 to say I was ready...

#6 OFFLINE   dorfmunder

dorfmunder

Pick 'em off, Yadi!

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

Oh now if that wasn't a bit weird, was reading this thread when the call came in. :eek2: I think I heard the machine voice whisper "I'm watching yoooouuuu!"
- Melanie, a chick who enjoys the finer things: baseball, geeky gadgets, my v-dub, yarn, & coffee.

My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...