Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

getting signal of new sat.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sticketfan

sticketfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:52 AM

i get 101 and 110 with a great signal of 97. in the fall until the leaves fall off of one tree i dont get the 119 sat. it comes in fine in the winter and early spring. my question is will i have a problem getting the new hd sat. if i have trouble with the 119. i live in vermont if that helps.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Fish Man

Fish Man

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

You're probably OK.

The new sat (DirecTV-10) is at 103.

Since you get 101 and 110 well, and 103 is between those, you're probably good to go for 103.

The other new location is 99. It currently has many local HD channels on spot beams, but the new national HD stuff is starting out at 103. New national stuff may start coming on line at 99 next year.

However, if you see 101 well, and your tree-problem is in the other direction (119), it's a good bet you've got a clear view of 99 as well.

#3 OFFLINE   sticketfan

sticketfan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:13 AM

thanks for the input, i am hoping otherwise will have to be calling the tree cutting service....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...