Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CW HD listed in online Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jep8821

jep8821

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

I was visiting Directv's website and noticed that Channel 69 is listed as WUPA which I believe is an Altanta CW.:) I wonder how long before the channel becomes active.

Thanks.

Jason Pollard

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

I was visiting Directv's website and noticed that Channel 69 is listed as WUPA which I believe is an Altanta CW.:) I wonder how long before the channel becomes active.

Thanks.

Jason Pollard

This is probably going to just for those in the Atlanta market !

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#3 OFFLINE   RandybinSC

RandybinSC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:31 AM

Our local CW will not let us get the national feed so not a big deal for us. I say screw CW.

#4 OFFLINE   syphix

syphix

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

I have the same channel in my online guide...I think it's a glitch on D*'s end.
Nathan
setup:
- 50" Plasma 1080p HDTV (Samsung PN50A760), 46" LCD 1080p HDTV (Samsung LN-T4665F), 32" LCD 720p HDTV (Insignia). 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys.

#5 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:39 AM

Thanks.

Jason Pollard

The channel has long been active as an Atlanta DMA HD local.

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

Hmmm, I get the Baltimore CW as a DNS because we don't have an OTA CW. So the question I have is will I get this HD CW?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#7 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

Hmmm, I get the Baltimore CW as a DNS because we don't have an OTA CW. So the question I have is will I get this HD CW?

I doubt this channel is for HD DNS but rather a mistake in the online guide and just local for the folks in Atlanta.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#8 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,817 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

For the last year or so... whenever I check my online programming guide, Atlanta SD-LIL shows up in the guide. Last week I checked the online guide, and WUPA (SD) is the only Atlanta SD-LIL channel showing up (I don't have SD-LIL)...

I'm hoping that DirecTV will add CW HD-DNS though as I'd really like it for this Fall...

~Alan

#9 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,981 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

The HD locals and RSN list http://www.dbstalk.c...V_lil_list.html shows the Atlanta ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and CW stations as HD (spotbeam LiL, of course).

#10 OFFLINE   FlyBono24

FlyBono24

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:52 AM

CW sucks anyways... all they show is crap like "One Tree Hill" and teen emo shows... :lol:

#11 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

CW sucks anyways... all they show is crap like "One Tree Hill" and teen emo shows... :lol:

Supernatural was good and the new Reaper looks good.
- Matt

Protected By... spam firewall...And...