Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Network folders question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,202 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

I have Windows XP SP2 and WMP 11 installed. I have set up my network to include the HR20. However, the only music and picture files that I see on my TV are the ones in My Music and My Pictures folders on my C: drive. I keep most of music and picture files in folders on my E: drive. Is there any way for the HR20 to see the E: drive folders?

And, yes, I have enabled file sharing on both E: drive folders. I also placed a music playlist file on my C: drive which lists the full path for some mp3's on my E: drive. The HR20 sees the playlist but says there are no files in the folder.

Music sounds great, but I am somewhat disappointed with the picture quality of my photos on my Samsung TV.

Bill

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

TOOLS / OPTIONS / Library (Tab) / Monitor Folders (Button) / Advanced Options (Button) / Add (Button)

Sound good?

I have Windows XP SP2 and WMP 11 installed. I have set up my network to include the HR20. However, the only music and picture files that I see on my TV are the ones in My Music and My Pictures folders on my C: drive. I keep most of music and picture files in folders on my E: drive. Is there any way for the HR20 to see the E: drive folders?

And, yes, I have enabled file sharing on both E: drive folders. I also placed a music playlist file on my C: drive which lists the full path for some mp3's on my E: drive. The HR20 sees the playlist but says there are no files in the folder.

Music sounds great, but I am somewhat disappointed with the picture quality of my photos on my Samsung TV.

Bill

If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.
- Emmett "Doc" Brown

DirecTV since 2006

#3 OFFLINE   Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

TOOLS / OPTIONS / Library (Tab) / Monitor Folders (Button) / Advanced Options (Button) / Add (Button)

Sound good?

Quick note, I find Windows Media responsiveness to large folder browsing to be VERY slow. My MP3 library is nearing 10,000 songs and browsing it from the HR20 is a bit painful.

I've found Tversity to be more responsive to a large music library. You may want to consider that as a second option.

- Emmett "Doc" Brown

DirecTV since 2006

#4 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,202 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:59 PM

Sound good?

Sounds great:hurah:

And a reply in only three minutes! This site is a fantastic resource. Thanks!

I have about 1600 music files now. I will keep the TVersity suggestion in mind in case I find the WMP approach too slow.

Now I need to edit some of my ID tags so that the artist name, for example, is consistent across all files. I have "Artie Shaw" and "Artie Shaw Orch" and "Artie Show and his Gramercy Five" for example.

#5 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

Quick note, I find Windows Media responsiveness to large folder browsing to be VERY slow. My MP3 library is nearing 10,000 songs and browsing it from the HR20 is a bit painful.

I've found Tversity to be more responsive to a large music library. You may want to consider that as a second option.

I have about 1600 music files now. I will keep the TVersity suggestion in mind in case I find the WMP approach too slow.

Now I need to edit some of my ID tags so that the artist name, for example, is consistent across all files. I have "Artie Shaw" and "Artie Shaw Orch" and "Artie Show and his Gramercy Five" for example.

Yea, he beat me to it... :lol:

You are correct on this being a great site!

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#6 OFFLINE   Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

No problem... Happy to help. I fell in love with the site the first time I used it and I've been paying it forward since. :)

- Emmett "Doc" Brown

DirecTV since 2006

spam firewall