Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20s just installed - remind me how to set up remote to control stereo volume?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Frank_M

Frank_M

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

Hi all -

My HR10-250 is leaving (sniff) but my two new HR20-700's are here.

Can you remind me of the trick to program the power button to turn on BOTH the TV and the stereo receiver at the same time, as well as use volume from the stereo as the default, NOT the TV.

And please don't recommend a universal remote. I have a Pronto and it's great, but I like to have this set up for my son and wife who prefer just to use the remote, or for just basic TV watching myself.

Watching the Met games this past week, I was glad I could throw the peanut against the sofa, NOT the Pronto. :-)

Appreciate in advance the help, looking forward to checking these units out!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

You can't turn the TV & Aud receiver on with one key with white remotes, sorry. To get the Aud receiver volume in all devices you have to dio the following: First there has to be a tv code programmed to the tv devce or the volume keys won't work, then with aud receiver code programmed;

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT
aka Tivoburkee

spam firewall