Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Who has the best deal?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 12:50 PM

I am currently a E* sub but am seriously considering changing to D* because I am tired of the whole DishPlayer thing. I am looking to buy a couple of DirecTivo's and one HD receiver. The DirecTivo's don't necessarily need to be Series 2 but if it is close I might go that way. Who is running a good deal right now?

I currently have a Dish 500 (119 and 110) and a second dish that I can look at 101 with, all have dual LNBF's. Can I use these or do I need to buy one the three slot dishes (I think I know this because the 110 LNBF on D* is not a real LNBF is it?)

Also, what kind of switching does D* use. Do they have a stacked system available? I only have 2 coax lines running to my HT setup and Would like to use the HD receiver and both tuners on the DirecTivo.

TIA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall