Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Great job d* -- BTN in time for App. State-Michigan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

What a great start for the Big Ten Network. I started watching the Appalachian State-Michigan game in the second quarter and I'm glad I didn't turn it off. Boy, am I glad I had D* today.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Redlinetire

Redlinetire

Icon

• Registered
  • 927 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

Unbelievable.... :icon_cry:

But I'm glad I got to watch it. I'm sure those people on E* are glad they saved a buck by not getting it... :rolleyes:
TiVo Series3 --> Toshiba 34HFX83 (CRT)

#3 OFFLINE   RandybinSC

RandybinSC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Unbelievable.... :icon_cry:

But I'm glad I got to watch it. I'm sure those people on E* are glad they saved a buck by not getting it... :rolleyes:

Wow that seemed a little mean. :nono: :)

I guess it was the first time a div 1aa school beat an AP ranked team.

#4 OFFLINE   BigJ52

BigJ52

Godfather

• Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

What a great start for the Big Ten Network. I started watching the Appalachian State-Michigan game in the second quarter and I'm glad I didn't turn it off. Boy, am I glad I had D* today.

Great game! Now just get it to the point where we can watch it in HD and it will be even better!

#5 OFFLINE   Elistan98

Elistan98

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

Lets have a moment of silence for the poor Michigan fans.

K Nanoseconds up

GO BUCKS!!

#6 OFFLINE   schlar01

schlar01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, I love my decision to go from Charter to DTV for this game alone. That was one of the best games in a long time......I'm talking Boise State-Oklahoma!

#7 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

I guess it was the first time a div 1aa school beat an AP ranked team.

Actually... Yes... it was (per the crawl on ESPN2 later in the day)
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

I can't remember the color guy's name (his last name is "Davis"), but I thought he did a good job. Thom Brennaman, the play-by-play guy, has always done a pretty good job.

I wanted to see Va. Tech since it was the school's first game since the massacre. But when I saw the score on the bottom of the screen for App Stat-Michigan, I switched it. It was only 21-14 at that point. I wish it was in HD, but I'll still take it.

#9 OFFLINE   KAK

KAK

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:37 PM

Did you guys get any BTN games in HD today? I watched the UM and the OSU games and I could only get these in SD.

#10 OFFLINE   Madison Hawk

Madison Hawk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:00 PM

Did you guys get any BTN games in HD today? I watched the UM and the OSU games and I could only get these in SD.

DirecTV will not have the BTN games in HD until the new D10 satellite operational, which is anticipated to be in the next several weeks (or sooner if you read these boards) :)

#11 OFFLINE   jsquash

jsquash

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:40 PM

I kept calling my friend (Michigan fan with cable) and rubbed it in that Michigan was down. He stopped answering my calls in the 4th quarter.

Go Badgers!!!!!

#12 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

If Lloyd Carr doesn't get fired over this one I don't know what he would get fired for.

#13 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

Man, what an upset. Probably will be THE upset of the YR.

What a game.

#14 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

Upset of the year? One of the greatest of all-time! It's the first time a I-AA team has ever beaten a ranked BCS team. I-AA has been around for over 30 years.

#15 OFFLINE   braven

braven

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:36 AM

What a game what a game what a game! Being a PSU fan, I absolutely loved the Michigan game. BTN had a great opening weekend.
HR34, HR24, (2) H21's
Whole Home DVR

@I_am_Braven

#16 OFFLINE   KAK

KAK

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:04 AM

DirecTV will not have the BTN games in HD until the new D10 satellite operational, which is anticipated to be in the next several weeks (or sooner if you read these boards) :)

Thank you.

#17 OFFLINE   stlmike

stlmike

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:44 AM

I saw highlights on Sportscenter of the BTN games, and they were in HD and looked fantastic! Even though D* is only showing the games in SD for the next couple of weeks, the picture looks MUCH better it did on Gameplan. Good job BTN!

Now, on to the Michigan game. WOOHOO!! We had a house full people over to watch the Ohio State game and the excitement level when App St. blocked that field goal was amazing. We were concerned about the App St. coaching decision to not run the clock down, but it all worked out. The best part is we got to enjoy it with a Michigan fan in attendance!

Go Bucks!!!

edit --- Oh, and ND getting thrashed 33-3 was just icing on the cake of a great first Saturday in college football!!!

#18 OFFLINE   fliptheflop

fliptheflop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:51 AM

^ No need to bring up the ND score! lol I gotta agree great first weekend for The Big Ten Network even in SD. Seeing Michigan go down was a great way to start the season.

#19 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

stlMike, I agree with your assessment of the HD on ESPN. When I saw the highlights of the Ohio State game in HD, I thought "awesome!". I'm a Florida fan, but I enjoy college football. Games like the Michigan-App State will do nothing to change that. It was incredible and I can't wait to see the BTN in HD.

#20 OFFLINE   NKy.Yall

NKy.Yall

Legend

• Registered
  • 204 posts
  • LocationN. Kentucky

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

stlMike, I agree with your assessment of the HD on ESPN. When I saw the highlights of the Ohio State game in HD, I thought "awesome!". I'm a Florida fan, but I enjoy college football. Games like the Michigan-App State will do nothing to change that. It was incredible and I can't wait to see the BTN in HD.

I agree,hopefully in a couple of weeks that will happen !!!!!!!!!!!! then BTN will really rock. I feel for our fellow sat-customers over on E* and all the crap and insults they are going thru in those forums trying to get cheap-ass Charlie to add that channel.Good luck to them,I hope they get to enjoy some of the f-ball season on BTN.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...