Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB blackouts!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rjdude

rjdude

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

So if fsn detroit was broadcasting the game in hd would I then be able to watch it on ch.95?

A lot of these issues will go away next year because D* has promised (with the new Sats) to deliver the majority of baseball games in HD, wherever available. However, the major problem next year will still be local channel broadcasts. Local channels that own broadcast rights may still show games in SD instead of HD. We need to be ready to fire off complaints to these local stations to start carrying the games in HD. We can also complain to the baseabll teams to encourage HD broadcasts.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,117 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:02 PM

...but I believe that's just a formality! The big teams (think big markets) have a lot of money and power.

Oh, I know. MLB, I'm sure, rubber stamps every team's individual agreement, but they must make sure they all conform to the League's rules and requirements.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#23 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

A lot of these issues will go away next year because D* has promised (with the new Sats) to deliver the majority of baseball games in HD, wherever available. However, the major problem next year will still be local channel broadcasts. Local channels that own broadcast rights may still show games in SD instead of HD. We need to be ready to fire off complaints to these local stations to start carrying the games in HD. We can also complain to the baseabll teams to encourage HD broadcasts.

Someone awhile back said that MLB Owners would soon be getting together and Blackout rules would be discussed

I hope so...

MLB Blackout rules are one of the worst things in sports...period

#24 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,117 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

I'd suggest anyone who's interested write a polite, informational--as opposed to confrontational--letter to Bob DuPuy, President & COO of Major League Baseball. Don't write Selig; he doesn't deal with this issue. Bob does. In fact, Bob was the one deeply involved in the DirecTV MLB Extra Innings deal.

You can write Bob at the MLB office:

MR. BOB DuPUY
PRESIDENT & CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
245 PARK AVE FLR 31
NEW YORK NY 10167

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#25 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

I was also hearing that fsn detroit only broadcast a certain number of games this year in HD bacause of a capacity issue at the fsn headquarters in Houston. However I heard next year all games should be in HD. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

#26 OFFLINE   Galley

Galley

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

AFAIK, The Baseball Channel is still scheduled for a 2009 launch; hopefully in time for the World Baseball Classic.

spam firewall