Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lost Denver local channels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   BoulderBri

BoulderBri

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:11 PM

Add one more from Boulder with this issue, HR20-100 with 0x18a. All Denver locals below channel 70 magically disappear from my Custom 1 favorites list daily, and I have to consistently add them back.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   MUKid

MUKid

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:00 AM

Well, I'm having all kinds of problems, and this is just one of them. I'm in St. Louis. Same thing - only my locals are gone after I reset the receiver. Nothing under channel 70 appears in the guide, "Acquiring Guide Data" appears on the screen.

The plot thickens.

#23 OFFLINE   Casey21

Casey21

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:07 AM

I'm in Denver and it's been happening to us for the last few weeks. I think it starting popping up after a recent software release. We have added our locals back into favorites at least 20 times. There is a post on directv.com about this very same issue and several Denver folks have commented they are experiencing "loss of local channels on their favorites" as well. Wish D* would get this fixed already. Rather annoying!

#24 OFFLINE   kgearhardt

kgearhardt

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:19 PM

Well when I got up this morning I had all 21 of the new HD channels from D*. And miraculously all of my local channels were still present. So I'm hoping MAYBE this will stop!???

Of course I lost locals yesterday evening while I was away from home and when I got back my To-Do list hadn't rebuilt itself completely. So I missed the recording of NCIS.

#25 OFFLINE   alaskahill

alaskahill

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:56 AM

Well this is interesting and this is what I get for spending all my time in the general D* discussion checking posts on the new HD channels and mucking w/ aligning my Slimline dish to improve my 103b signal strengths. I completely missed this thread until now :)
I noticed the same issue over the past couple of weeks here in Boulder CO. However
I always restarted whenever I saw it vs waiting, so I don't know if they ever came up on their own. I haven't seen any recording issues yet (for example NCIS recorded just fine on Tuesday).

#26 OFFLINE   booster

booster

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:56 PM

sw Littleton reporting, loss of locals here too, so weak but we know they have us because dtv is so much better than the alternatives, (even though they suck):)
cs told me they never heard of the problem and by the end of the conversation he told me they had a meeting scheduled for the end of the week (last) so no new info seems par.

#27 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

No problem with my HR20 but my HR10 will lock up occasionally when I flip through 41-1 KRMT. I think is is a station issue but it crashes the HR 10. I just removed it from my guide.

#28 OFFLINE   MRinDenver

MRinDenver

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

Somehow, mine are not affected. Keeping my fingers crossed.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man’s religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -- Mark Twain

#29 OFFLINE   Dash88

Dash88

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

Lost the locals again today reset the HR20-700 they came back, I think i'm going to put all my shows on OTA recording untill they get it fixed.
DirectTV since 1996

Protected By... spam firewall...And...