Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

My locals might make it this year....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Keith4USC_*

Guest_Keith4USC_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2003 - 04:30 AM

The 9 locals listed to be added on directv soon give me hope for mine to be added this year...... Some of the 9 have a lower DMA listing than mine has...... The Jackson, MS (89) and Colorado Springs (94) DMA is lower than mine..... Is there a reason they would be added before some higher...... I guess mine will be the last to be added.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 10:36 AM

I all depends on where they have spot beam capability. The apparanetly have space in the Gulf coast area as they adding Shreveport and Jackson, and some space in the west, adding Colorado Springs and Tucson. Being that they are adding Richmond and Roanoke, you may be coming up soon (aren't you in Columbia?). Have you ever considered "moving" to Greenville or Charlotte? Locals are available there.
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

#3 Guest_Keith4USC_*

Guest_Keith4USC_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2003 - 05:23 PM

Yes, I thought about moving but it ended when I realized the Clemson Tigers were located in the upstate area of SC..... And yes I do live in the Columbia area.....

#4 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 11:48 PM

I don't mean actually move, but move your service address. I dont' want to go into detail as this borders on the gray side of ethics.
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

Protected By... spam firewall...And...