Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Discussion: Showtime / The Movie Channel (Channels 537-545)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

Can anyone confirm if their is a Showtime Freeview this weekend?

- Craig

Yes it is.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Mixer

Mixer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:56 PM

Why is there a 537 and a 543. These are both Showtime aren't they? The same thing that is also on 71?

Three of the exact same channel?
HR20-700:Component, TV:Mitsubishi WS65807, Audio is connected using Digital Toslink cable. OTA:NO, Locals:New York, Native:Off, Network:Yes, eSata:No, AT9 dish, BBC: Yes, Harmony 880. HR20 is wired, Streaming Music and Photos through Twonky Media Server and internet connection is 5MB DSL.

#23 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:34 PM

A work around would be to watch/record the new Showtime West HD.

Anyone else seeing A/V sync problems on Showtime West?

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#24 OFFLINE   BillN96

BillN96

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:49 PM

At 6:45pm Mountain time on Saturday, September 29 the A/V sync issues are still there and have been all day.

#25 OFFLINE   AccidenT

AccidenT

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:40 AM

I've now watched 2 movies recorded off of Showtime West HD over the weekend, and both had some sort of strange distortion in the form of a horizontal line all the way across the screen. It was about 1/5 of the way up from the bottom, which happened to fall right in the middle of the (very very annoying) "call now to order showtime" banners, which is also when it's also most noticeable. There's sort of a disconnect between the top half and bottom half of the letters, as if that line of 3-4 pixels is shifted or somethign. It's less noticeable during the normal course of the movie, but once the credits start to roll it's very obvious again. Anyone else seeing this?

#26 OFFLINE   Nobody

Nobody

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

Anyone else seeing A/V sync problems on Showtime West?

They were still happening today. I checked on both my HR-20s. One is using HDMI for both audio and video and the other is using HDMI for video, and digital to my AV receiver for audio.

I wonder where the break-down is?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...