Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New HD Channels Discussion: 100 HD! 12/28/07

• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   BlueSnake

BlueSnake

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:14 AM

I am thrilled with all the new HD channels. Thanks to everyone at DBSTalk & D* for all the hard work that brought us all this glorious HD.

Of course we all want more HD and we want it yesterday. But let's just all be grateful for these new HD channels today. Remember just yesterday we were thrilled with only 2 test HD channels.

I LOVE THE NEW HD

:hurah: :joy: :bink: :goodjob: :welcome: :jumpingja :icon_bb: :wave: :wave: :icon_band :wizardhat :rolling: :new_smili :dance01: :icon_da: :balloons: :love1: :icon_hroc

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   propaganda

propaganda

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:18 AM

I called D* I'm not getting CNN, Discovery, Weather, A&E, all my signals are correct, Pig Tails on both of my HR20-700. they resend the signal, this will be escalate by D*, nothing has worked spent 47 minutes on the phone

#43 OFFLINE   hdfan01

hdfan01

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:21 AM

I am disappointed that the first round of channels contained so many $ premiums. We already had similar ones with HBOHD ad SHOHD. Would have been nice to test the system on more package channels.IMHO

• DIRECTV SINCE 02-96

#44 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:23 AM

I am disappointed that the first round of channels contained so many $ premiums. We already had similar ones with HBOHD ad SHOHD. Would have been nice to test the system on more package channels.IMHO

The premiums will be 90% of what I watch from this list.

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#45 OFFLINE   bobshults

bobshults

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:26 AM

I, for one, would rather have stretch-o-vision than black sidebars. Just a personal preference, I guess, and less chance for burn-in on my plasma TV. Of course I would prefer all 16:9 HD content.

#46 OFFLINE   LMUBill

LMUBill

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

I just wish they would show programs in HD that were originally made in HD. You hear me A&E?? WTF is up with 24 in stretch-o-vision???!?!?!

#47 OFFLINE   gdn

gdn

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:33 AM

Please - NO stretch-o-vision. If you want to stretch the picture make your TV do it (it has options to do so) - or buy technology you don't have to worry about burn in's with. Very big fact that there will be a lot of SD converted programming for several years to come. Deliver the picture to me as it was shot and I'll decide what I want my equipment to do with it.
HR21-100 and HR22-100, Sony SXRD KDS60A2000, Samsung LN40A650, Logitec 880 and almost retired Pronto TSU1000 remote - used still for the CD changer.

#48 OFFLINE   dedalus_00

dedalus_00

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:35 AM

It is there on my channel list, NESNH, 623. It was listed before the rollout.

We are among the local folks that get NESN HD because we are in the local market. It is just being spotbeamed, noone outside of eastern MA would be getting it.

#49 OFFLINE   yardman1977

yardman1977

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:36 AM

perfect timing for tbs to launch..just in time for the mlb playoffs so we can watch the cubbies{hopefully}thanks to dbs talk and d*
hr-20 700

#50 OFFLINE   dedalus_00

dedalus_00

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:37 AM

As long as I keep Sunday Ticket/Superfan, my wife will be happy with D*!

You are a lucky man...

#51 OFFLINE   mridan

mridan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

All channels up and running,thanks D*!!:hurah: :hurah: :hurah:

#52 OFFLINE   Sintori

Sintori

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

My daughter and I were watching the movie "Doogal" on Starz HD and it looked great! Animated movies always look good in HD! She didn't want to go to school this morning and I almost called in sick myself! LOL---but here I am, I have to make $$ to keep my satellite on! LOL
Working mom of 3
HR20-100, slimline dish, HDMI
R15 SD-DVR
SD reciever
I LOVE MY IPOD!
D* subscriber since 2000
D* HD subscriber since May 2007

#53 OFFLINE   Frostbyte

Frostbyte

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

They all come in great! Hopefully this is just the beginning... Thanks DirecTV!

#54 OFFLINE   powerplay

powerplay

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:44 AM

Yes, but you are in Mass. It is not yet available via D10, which is what was being asked about.

So is "ddpoohndave". That is why I responded to him that I think it should be available to him too.

#55 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:54 AM

perfect timing for tbs to launch..just in time for the mlb playoffs so we can watch the cubbies{hopefully}thanks to dbs talk and d*

"No doubt about it...The Cubs are on their way..."
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#56 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:55 AM

Uh....no HGTV or Food Network? :(
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#57 OFFLINE   mxd

mxd

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:58 AM

They look fantastic here. Now bring on the HD locals out here in fly-over land, DMA 89! :)

#58 OFFLINE   georgeorwell

georgeorwell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:58 AM

Uh....no HGTV or Food Network? :(

They have to save something for October. Personally, I can't wait for Food Network. Once my wife sees Paula, Emeril, Bobby, and Duff in high def, she'll let me scrap her 4x3 tube TV and upgrade to another HDTV.

#59 OFFLINE   msurrency

msurrency

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

Is it just me, or does changing to any of the new HD channels take longer than normal?

I thought the same thing. There is quite a long pause. But then I think surfing any of the channels is slow. The new ones just seem slower. Oh well at least there is more to see.

#60 OFFLINE   CharlesSchwab

CharlesSchwab

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:04 AM

Does anyone have an idea when Titan TV Guide will be changing its guide to include the new HD channels?

spam firewall