Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Missing OTA channels after most recent 622 update.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wsutard1

wsutard1

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:06 PM

Just as the title implies. I am missing ALL of my OTA channels after the most recent software update that happened on or around 8/30.

I try to scan for the channels again and again and every time I get no channels.

I have attached my antenna to my TV with built in HD receiver and I can find all of my usual channels.

I have contacted dish but their suggestion is to send out a technician at a cost of $99 to me. I refuse to pay for this since it is not my fault this is happening.

Does anyone here know what I am talking about and most importantly does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hokie93

hokie93

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

My OTA channels did this about a month ago. Reset the reciever make sure your zip code in the point dish screen is right then rescan. For some reason my reciever put in a zip code of 12345 randomly this is what i did to make it work hope this helps.

#3 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:01 AM

You may have a faulty OTA tuner. Be sure that the terrestrial antenna is connected to the correct input on your 622.

I had this problem once. I entered Local Channels and deleted all of them. I then selected "Done" and exited out of Local Channels menu. This saved my new settings. I then did a power cord unplug (for about 30 seconds). One the receiver was up and running, I got back into the Local Channels menu and did a channel "Scan Locals." All the channels returned. I selected "Done" which saved the new settings. I have not had a problem with this receiver OTA channels since I did this.

Beyond that, if yours still doesnt work, it sounds like a replacement 622 is needed.

#4 OFFLINE   peter atchley

peter atchley

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:56 PM

Make sure your OTA signal type is "antenna", not "cable".

#5 OFFLINE   wsutard1

wsutard1

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

Where do i set the OTA signal type? I dont see that option.

#6 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

Where do i set the OTA signal type? I dont see that option.

MENU > 6 > 8 (HDTV Setup) be sure that that, "Analog Type" is set to, "Offair." There is a very strong possibility that this is why your OTA isn't working.

#7 OFFLINE   bills

bills

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

MENU > 6 > 8 (HDTV Setup) be sure that that, "Analog Type" is set to, "Offair." There is a very strong possibility that this is why your OTA isn't working.

question? what would be the proper input on the 622 for ota....regards

#8 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

The one on the far right end (or left end as viewed from behind), labeled "TV Antenna - 8VSB." Maybe that wasn't your actual question?
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#9 OFFLINE   wsutard1

wsutard1

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:54 PM

You guys are awsome. The update had changed the HD setting to IRC. I changed it to OTA and now I get my 17 channels.

Thanks a lot.

To bad Dish Network support couldnt suggest that.

#10 OFFLINE   bills

bills

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:55 AM

question? what would be the proper input on the 622 for ota....regards

i have tried everything i could, but still cant get info off of the ota. would a tivo do the job? if possible how would you hook it up to work with ota and dish 622? regards.... btw i have no problem with digital ota just no info....

#11 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:06 AM

Bills... Do you have locals? if you don't have locals you will not get OTA guide info. That is step one. The steps above cover not getting OTA at all. If you get OTA and no guide that is a different problem and it usually boils down to not having locals, locals are not provided for your area, or you are in a strange dead zone between Two DMAs.

So do you have locals for your area and are you paying for them?
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#12 OFFLINE   bills

bills

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:25 AM

Bills... Do you have locals? if you don't have locals you will not get OTA guide info. That is step one. The steps above cover not getting OTA at all. If you get OTA and no guide that is a different problem and it usually boils down to not having locals, locals are not provided for your area, or you are in a strange dead zone between Two DMAs.

So do you have locals for your area and are you paying for them?

NO I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO DISH FOR MY LOCALS I HAVE NO PROBLEM GETING THEM FROM MY OTA JUST NO INFO. I LIVE IN TECUMSEH MICHIGAN DISH WOULD FORCE ME TO HAVE TOLEDO OHIO LOCALS WHICH I DON"T WANT. I GET DETROIT LOCALS FROM OTA. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE...REGARDS

#13 OFFLINE   saltrek

saltrek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

If you don't subscribe to locals, you will not get guide data on your OTA stations. However, If you do subscribe, even if it's to Toledo stations, your Detroit local info should still show up in the guide. And, you would have two choices of channels to choose network shows from in case of local pre-emptions.

#14 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:53 PM

NO I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO DISH FOR MY LOCALS I HAVE NO PROBLEM GETING THEM FROM MY OTA JUST NO INFO. I LIVE IN TECUMSEH MICHIGAN DISH WOULD FORCE ME TO HAVE TOLEDO OHIO LOCALS WHICH I DON"T WANT. I GET DETROIT LOCALS FROM OTA. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE...REGARDS

Hope you just had your caps on by accident and you were not yelling at me. ;) I was just trying to make sure this was not the case since it sounded like what you were describing and does seem to be the case.

Been a long time and read a lot of post on different receivers so I can't remember if getting locals would open the EPG for channels not in your DMA, but I would try what the post above says. My mind is a bit foggy if this would provide you the EPG info for the OTA channels you want, but it would be worth a shot. If memory serves in most cases this had worked but there have been some edge conditions where it did not.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

spam firewall