Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Discusson: FX (Channel 248)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   jacobp

jacobp

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:48 AM

In watching Nip/Tuck in HD last week, I continued to experience frequent audio dropouts when Dolby Digital is turned on on my HR20-100. Interestingly, if I "backspace" immediately after a drop, the audio plays correctly, so the DVR recorded it, but it is dropping out on playback.

As soon as I turn Dolby Digital off, the dropouts disappear. In my experience, I am only getting this on FX and on no other channel. It appears that I am not the only one experiencing this annoying problem.

Any suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

They made the FX HD bug smaller and more opaque, I like it! I wish the rest of the networks would follow their lead. However, the 2.0 audio mix was still screwed up during Nip/Tuck tonight.

#143 OFFLINE   shotdisc98

shotdisc98

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

Continued audio issues here too. I don't have any dropouts when listening to the audio through HDMI to my display but have drop outs when listening to 5.1 via optical to my surround receiver. I only have this issue on FX. Help!!
I love the smell of HD in the morning!
Samsung HL-S5688w 1920x1080, 1080p
HR20-700 with national release by HDMI, native on, 2 coax runs, Slimline dish
Networked to D-Link T-Mobile HotSpot@Home Router by ethernet cable, DHCP, Tversity for media sharing

#144 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

I am impressed with That 70's Show quality compared to its original quality of FX

#145 OFFLINE   shotdisc98

shotdisc98

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:08 AM

OK, writing on here again because I think I'm losing my mind! I still have the audio dropouts when using 5.1 audio but no dropouts when using PCM audio from the receiver to my surround receiver. I also still have the horizontal white lines flashing across the screen during 4:3 widescreen shots, like what we used to see in the day when a VCR was adjusting the tracking. Shots in HD 16x9 are beautiful. I only have these issues on FX. Is it the channel? Is it me? Is it my sanity?! I really don't want to call for service, but, if I have to so I can watch Nip/Tuck in 5.1 dolby surround... :bang
I love the smell of HD in the morning!
Samsung HL-S5688w 1920x1080, 1080p
HR20-700 with national release by HDMI, native on, 2 coax runs, Slimline dish
Networked to D-Link T-Mobile HotSpot@Home Router by ethernet cable, DHCP, Tversity for media sharing

#146 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

I also still have the horizontal white lines flashing across the screen during 4:3 widescreen shots

That is a problem with FX, it has nothing to do with your equipment. They've been broadcasting in HD for almost a month now, I can't understand why they haven't fixed this issue yet.

#147 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,119 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:04 AM

Trying to not start a whole new topic, but has anyone that doesn't normally see lip-sync continue to see it on FXHD? I have no issues with other HDs. I'm assuming it's widespread & Directv and/or FX can see this and adjust it.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#148 OFFLINE   lotto777

lotto777

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:03 AM

I wish they would fix this issue soon!!!!!!!! My FX hd audio is so bad I can't even listen to it. :mad:

Continued audio issues here too. I don't have any dropouts when listening to the audio through HDMI to my display but have drop outs when listening to 5.1 via optical to my surround receiver. I only have this issue on FX. Help!!

#149 OFFLINE   jbags5

jbags5

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:06 PM

Trying to not start a whole new topic, but has anyone that doesn't normally see lip-sync continue to see it on FXHD? I have no issues with other HDs. I'm assuming it's widespread & Directv and/or FX can see this and adjust it.

Yep - I've had this problem w/ FX exclusively for the past several weeks....

#150 OFFLINE   gquiring

gquiring

Godfather

• Registered
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

DirecTV is too busy trying to split out the HD channels for next years HD Super Plus channels to worry about lip sync issues:D

#151 OFFLINE   Poochie

Poochie

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:57 AM

I watched "I, Robot" on F/X HD last night and it was the best-looking broadcast HD that I have ever seen. However the audio was strange - while the surround sound was very aggressive, I think that the front left and right channels were coming out of the rear speakers, and vice versa. (The center channel was fine.) Did anyone notice this or did it sound correct to you? Most of the commercials during this program had strong use of all audio channels - my A/V receiver detected a Dolby Digital track throughout - maybe F/X is doubling the front channels in the rear channels or something?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...