Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Discusson: NBA TV (Channel 601)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Registered
  • 15,451 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:37 AM

I can't wait to see it when I get home!
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

Not to jump too far off, but E* launched the channel yesterday as well.

#23 OFFLINE   fikuserectus

fikuserectus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:50 AM

Not to jump too far off, but E* launched the channel yesterday as well.

It sounds like the channel will go away after the free preview unless you have the NBA or Sports package. Correct?

#24 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:12 AM

It sounds like the channel will go away after the free preview unless you have the NBA or Sports package. Correct?

Yeah, that sounds like the usual NBATV thing, except on E* you get the channel with America's Everything package as well as Multisports and NBA League Pass.

#25 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:35 AM

Sweeet! Just in time for the season!! :)

FYI, you will receive this channel if you have NBA League Pass, Sports Pack...in addition, folks with HD Access will also see this channel for the season as preview (Happy Halloween gift). At the end of the season, those with HD Access only (not NBALP and/or Sports Pack) will lose that authorization unless you have Sports Pack or NBALP.

#26 OFFLINE   toneman

toneman

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

FYI, you will receive this channel if you have NBA League Pass, Sports Pack...in addition, folks with HD Access will also see this channel for the season as preview (Happy Halloween gift). At the end of the season, those with HD Access only (not NBALP and/or Sports Pack) will lose that authorization unless you have Sports Pack or NBALP.

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but does that mean NBA TV HD channel will be free for this entire season only for those currently subscribed to just the D* HD Programming package? If so...that's sweet!!!

#27 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but does that mean NBA TV HD channel will be free for this entire season only for those currently subscribed to just the D* HD Programming package? If so...that's sweet!!!

Yeah.. it sounds like what he's saying is as long as you subscribe to the HD package, you will get NBATV HD for the year... whereas normally, you would have to have NBA league pass or the sports pack to get it...

#28 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:53 PM

I love how nba tv hd is one day old and they already have their in studio stuff in hd and the nfl net is way behind kinda funny

#29 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

I love how nba tv hd is one day old and they already have their in studio stuff in hd and the nfl net is way behind kinda funny

I believe saying NBA TV being one day old is not quite the truth. Didn't they broadcast NBA games in HD last year? That would be about where the NFL Network is right now.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#30 OFFLINE   JonW

JonW

Icon

• Registered
  • 526 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

Very happy to see this. Hopefully DirecTv can sign up some more of the sports channels so they can carry every game that's available in HD in HD with the league pass. Basketball is barely watchable with DirecTv's SD feeds.

#31 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:30 PM

folks with HD Access will also see this channel for the season as preview

That is really awesome. The only way it would be better is if they just made the channel part of Choice Plus, so that we didn't lose it at the end of the season.

#32 OFFLINE   BigJ52

BigJ52

Godfather

• Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

Like the graphics they use for their side bars. Wish more stations were creative like that.

#33 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

Like the graphics they use for their side bars. Wish more stations were creative like that.

I agree. Pillars with graphics/animation are way better than black pillars.

#34 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

I put the third on that. I give ESPN some credit for having a stylized pillar, but the animated pillar's win out, hands down.
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#35 OFFLINE   sunsfan

sunsfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

Is this confirmed. NBA.COM says "Be sure to catch the NBA TV Free Preview from October 30 - November 6 "

It would be fantastic to get the WHOLE season, but I don't think we will.....God....let me wrong!!!!! :D

GO SUNS !!!
"We got plenty to go over…plenty to go around, plenty to go through...." RCPM

#36 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

+1 ... well, pillars alone are a good thing (on 4:3)... but add animation... and it's even better...

#37 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:39 PM

Is this confirmed. NBA.COM says "Be sure to catch the NBA TV Free Preview from October 30 - November 6 "

It would be fantastic to get the WHOLE season, but I don't think we will.....God....let me wrong!!!!! :D

GO SUNS !!!

you will have it all season... as per Satelliteracer's post...

#38 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

It would be fantastic to get the WHOLE season, but I don't think we will.....God....let me wrong!!!!!

Satelliteracer is as reliable as Earl. If he says it, it's true.

#39 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,480 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

Watching some of the Cavs/Suns game tonight.PQ looks great and the audio seems to be in sync too. :)

Steve

#40 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

yes it does look good, thanks again D* for providing us with all the great HD stations.

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

Protected By... spam firewall...And...