Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Discusson: USA Network (Channel 242)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   SDizzle

SDizzle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,534 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:17 PM

when tomko, steiners, and overload of Angle is on the tv..... i think people would rather watch nothing.... and dont get me started with pacman jones...

IMHO TNA took a step back by adding Pacman "Thug" Jones.
HR34-700 (1), HR23-700 (1), HR22-100 (1), HR20-700 (1), HR21-700 (1), HR21-100 (1)
Running a SWM16 with DECA
Retired: HR20-700 (1), HR10-250 (1), R10 (1), DTivo DSR-704 (1), D-10 (4), D-11 (4), R15-500 (4)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

That Pacman thing is beyond stupid especially since he can't get physical. My favorite moment during this whole thing was at the last PPV the fans were chanting "Pacman swallows!" :D

#43 OFFLINE   petergaryr

petergaryr

Passed away April 24, 2010

• Registered
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

Fast and Furious on USA HD now in HD and 5.1.

#44 OFFLINE   bbabu

bbabu

I drank what?

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

Fast and the Furious is currently being shown in HD.

First time I've seen the USA-HD bug, as well.

#45 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:26 PM

First time I've seen the USA-HD bug, as well.

What is that?
Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

#46 OFFLINE   digitalfreak

digitalfreak

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:27 PM

Fast & Furious looks pretty good. The guide is also showing Law & Order CI and Monk in HD. Haven't gone much past the next couple of days to check anything else.

#47 OFFLINE   goldwing

goldwing

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSW OHIO

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

Am I the only one that gets 721 on USA HD? Bravo HD was fine this morning but all 3 receivers give me 721 on USA HD only. I spent 1 hour on phone with DTV and after all that time was told that they know of the problem and it's being worked on at there end but yet i come here and everyone seems to have it. Go figure :(

#48 OFFLINE   MichaelP

MichaelP

Godfather

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:46 PM

Am I the only one that gets 721 on USA HD? Bravo HD was fine this morning but all 3 receivers give me 721 on USA HD only. I spent 1 hour on phone with DTV and after all that time was told that they know of the problem and it's being worked on at there end but yet i come here and everyone seems to have it. Go figure :(

I didn't have a 721 error, but I was getting the 771 searching for signal error this morning at about 6:30 AM PDT. Hopefully this will be cleared up by the time get home. Gotta get my SL setup for the L&O:CI premier tomorrow.
Samsung LN-S3251D
DirecTV HR20-700s
Sony STR-DG800 w/JBL SCS145.5S Speakers
Sony DVP-NC85H/B
 tv
Logitech Harmony 880 Remote

#49 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

I recorded about 40 minutes of "The Fast and the Furious" before I started watching it. I have been watching it for about 10 minutes now and about every 2 minutes the video breaks up for a second.

Is anyone else having this problem?

#50 OFFLINE   djwww98

djwww98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

Just looked at tonights guide for USAHD to see what we got. Wow! It's yet another Law & Order rerun network. I guess TNTHD wasn't quite pumping out their quota of formulaic, predictable, can't-tell-the-difference-from-one-episode-to-another, old, network crime drama reruns. Jees.. Just what we needed. What a monumental waste of HD bandwidth.

#51 OFFLINE   Deadpool

Deadpool

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:59 PM

I recorded about 40 minutes of "The Fast and the Furious" before I started watching it. I have been watching it for about 10 minutes now and about every 2 minutes the video breaks up for a second.

I've been watching it since it started and haven't noticed anything.

#52 OFFLINE   loowaters

loowaters

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:01 PM

I noticed that USA has reruns of Friday Night Lights, Chuck and 2 eps of Life on Saturday afternoon, and yet only Life has the HD icon. Should it be assumed that all 3 will be in hd. Ive missed the first eps of Chuck and it'd be nice to catchup in HD.

Chuck, Life, Journeyman, Bionic Woman all carrying the HD flag now for Saturday afternoon's showing.

#53 OFFLINE   PR Buick

PR Buick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

I haven't had any troubles yet. So far, it has very good picture quality (high detail, little macro-blocking).

#54 OFFLINE   ShawnL25

ShawnL25

Icon

• Registered
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

Just got home and The Fast and the Furious (horrible movie) looks amazing on USAHD. I think we can expect the same quality as Universal HD on these new NBC channels. Best of all no Stretch-o-vision crap

#55 OFFLINE   msmith198025

msmith198025

Member of the Year

• Registered
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

Life on USA looks spectacular! USA has done it right!

#56 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:10 PM

Just looked at tonights guide for USAHD to see what we got. Wow! It's yet another Law & Order rerun network.

No kidding. Starting at 6 am on Thurs morning all the way until 1 am on Friday is nothing but L&O! And pretty much all day Sunday too.

I don't like that none of the movies are saying HD (though I see the Fast and Furious was).
- Matt

#57 OFFLINE   skakusha

skakusha

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

Life looks a hell of a lot better on USA, then it did on NBC. One has to wonder what the heck the networks are doing to their shows. I have seen many complaints about HD on NBC, yet on USA it looks awesome.

By the way, I read somewhere that Neilsen ratings allowed double dipping for show ratings, perhaps this is why we are seeing these shows repeated on USA in HD. Not a 100% sure on the details of how ratings work, but just a thought. At the least, NBC has another chance at catching perspective viewers. If replays of NBC shows on USA become the norm, I would prefer to watch them here. The downside is that USA would have to provide less HD programming.

#58 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

Life looks a hell of a lot better on USA, then it did on NBC. One has to wonder what the heck the networks are doing to their shows. I have seen many complaints about HD on NBC, yet on USA it looks awesome.

By the way, I read somewhere that Neilsen ratings allowed double dipping for show ratings, perhaps this is why we are seeing these shows repeated on USA in HD. Not a 100% sure on the details of how ratings work, but just a thought. At the least, NBC has another chance at catching perspective viewers. If replays of NBC shows on USA become the norm, I would prefer to watch them here. The downside is that USA would have to provide less HD programming.

My gues is subchannels play a BIG role in the loss of quality.
Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

#59 OFFLINE   hockeynut07

hockeynut07

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

My gues is subchannels play a BIG role in the loss of quality.

You beat me to it. That was my answer as well.

Soooooo happy USA is not stretching picture. Job well done USA Network! Fast and Furious looked and sounded great!

#60 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

USA HD looks PERFECT! Just beautiful.

Monday Night RAW in HD should be good.

I fully expect WWE to go full HD by or around their target date of January 2008 for SmackDown. As of today they have the resources from all their network partners. NBC is in HD (Saturday Night's Main Event) CW is in HD (SmackDown). USA is NOW in HD! (RAW). And SciFi is NOW in HD! (ECW). By January all three should be broadcasting in stunning HD, how exciting. Oh yeah and their Pay-Per-Views will obviously go HD too! :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...