Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Discusson: MTV HD (331)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Kenkong586

Kenkong586

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

Spotted MTV Cribs broadcast at 16x9 at 5:30AM. They are being REALLY sporadic with their 16x9--Premiere episodes of Real World, 16x9...repeats of said real world, 4x3 letterbox...MTV Cribs at 5:30AM on a Saturday morning, 16x9. I work in broadcasting and I don't understand what's stopping them from airing content that is 16x9 in the 16x9 ratio. :confused::confused::confused:

Edited by Kenkong586, 10 January 2009 - 08:22 AM.

Living Room-Mitsu. WD-62531 62"
Comcast HD DVR, PS3(networked, wired), Xbox 360(networked, wired) connected via Octava 4x1 HDMI switch with Toslink Routing
Philips DVDR 3400(HDMI, Coaxial)
Wii(Component, networked, wireless)
Sony STR-K660P Dolby/DTS Reciever
Bedroom-Panasonic 36" CRT - Comcast HD DVR (Component)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   B. Shoe

B. Shoe

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

Get MTVU. It has music videos 24/7.

I wouldn't mind having MTVU on the DirecTV lineup, but I've given up hope on MTV ever again playing music videos. The college-and-under crowd that MTV clamps down upon has never known what MTV used to be like before The Hills, Made and the Real World/Road Rules Challenge marathons ran repeatedly. But quite frankly, they don't need that 24/7 music video option, nor do they care about it. Between all the choices on the Internet, any music video ever made is usually watchable at the drop of a hat.

In a viral, get-it-when-I-want-it market, the necessity isn't even there for bands to have their videos playing on MTV. It's too bad, I think, but I guess it's just how life changes.

But some consistency on the HD programming would be nice...
DirecTV: Xtra / HBO / NFL Sunday Ticket / NBA League Pass
Samsung PN51F5500AFXZA 51" Plasma HDTV (RVU)
Sony KM-34HD1 CRT-HDTV (Genie HD-DVR, Component)
Sirius/XM - XM All-Access

spam firewall