Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (640)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   aktick

aktick

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:31 AM

So Blackhawks aren't in HD tonight? :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   rahchgo

rahchgo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:41 PM

APHoward brings up a good point

Since we are getting all these new RSN channels....are we going to be getting their local baseball games in HD when next season comes?

I am already an EI subscriber but am curious....adding these RSN's may give me reason not to sign up for EI

If it works like RSN's did this year, you will only get the games on the RSN's out of your local area if you have MLB-EI, and you will only get the announcers that MLB-EI has enabled (usually home team). It will be interesting to see what they do with the HD next year. This year, you only saw a selected few out of market games in HD on MLB-EI and then, only if you paid for the SuperFan surcharge. I wonder if they will black-out the HD RSN's for MLB-EI if they don't pay for SuperFan? Guess we'll find out next spring.
Rich - Chicago, IL (Tri-Taylor neighborhood) HR44-500

#43 OFFLINE   austen0316

austen0316

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationRobbinsville, NJ

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

I have center ice ticket, but dont get the hd version of sportsnet chicago, I live in nj. Its says program not available in your area. I thought all of the new hd rsns were national now.

mike

#44 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,925 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

I have center ice ticket, but dont get the hd version of sportsnet chicago, I live in nj. Its says program not available in your area. I thought all of the new hd rsns were national now.

mike

That is correct, you need to catch Center Ice programs in the 760 range.

Checking the Wild's web site it looks like the game isn't in HD tonight, the 10/10 Wilds game is on FSN and is in HD it says.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#45 OFFLINE   teebeebee1

teebeebee1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

Tonight was the Chicago feed not the Wild feed, if you didn't live in chicago you didnt get the HD feed of the game and "Not avail. in your area 721" message was displayed

#46 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

Tonight was the Chicago feed not the Wild feed, if you didn't live in chicago you didnt get the HD feed of the game and "Not avail. in your area 721" message was displayed

So the game WAS in HD in the Chicago market on CSN-Chicago?

#47 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

Blackhawks don't do HD (why would they since they blackout their own home market).

And I got the game on the HD channel in Michigan (SD upconvert which did look better then the SD channel).

#48 OFFLINE   loowaters

loowaters

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:43 AM

Blackhawks don't do HD (why would they since they blackout their own home market).

And I got the game on the HD channel in Michigan (SD upconvert which did look better then the SD channel).

I seem to remember a couple seasons ago that they did televise a home game to show off (tease us) their HD capabilities probably for visiting market and network telecasts. I was out of the spot beam and didn't get the HD but I did get to see a home game on CSNC, which was nice. Pat Foley was still doing the games for the Hawks...I miss him.

#49 OFFLINE   rlnoonan

rlnoonan

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:02 AM

So the game WAS in HD in the Chicago market on CSN-Chicago?

Nope, the game was in SD :mad: . Last season they had a couple of games in HD. They made a big deal out of it as kind of a "showcase" of their HD (if I remember correctly, they were even home games!). It was a lot better than SD, but not the greatest HD (HDNet's hockey games look much better). I would hope they would increase the number of HD games, but I won't hold my breath.

I think this is a CSNC thing, not a Blackhawks issue (they have enough issues!). White Sox games were a similar situation this past season, with some games in HD and some not. Fortunately Buehrle's no-no was one of the HD games...
- Bob

Slimline 5lnb dish (4 RG-6 cables, no multi-switch)

HR20-700.............................. HR20-100S
HDMI to Mitsubishi WD57732............ HDMI to Toshiba 32HL67US Regza
Optical to Onkyo TX-SR604............. Digital Coax to Sony HT-5100D
Protected by APC J10.................. Protected by Panamax 4300-MX
Controlled by Harmony 676............. Controlled by Harmony 676

#50 OFFLINE   johnnymac96

johnnymac96

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

Does the NFL also black out coaches shows? Specficially, I am trying to watch 640 right now - "Bears Blitz" - and am getting a 727 not locally available message. :nono2:

I may live in Houston but I don't care for the Texans ... yet the NFL is going to make me watch on the Gary Kubiak show now, too? Oh brother!

#51 OFFLINE   nosok12

nosok12

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

Do you guys know if they bring the Bulls telecast in HD?

#52 OFFLINE   tubejockey

tubejockey

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

I live in the Mid-Atlantic and subscribe to Sports Pack as well. "Bears Blitz" on CSNC Ch 640 is blacked-out, and for the life of me I don't understand why. The program is exclusive to CSN Chicago, not shown on any other channel or network provided by Dtv. How licensing or contractural agreements come into play is beyond me. :confused:

#53 OFFLINE   tubejockey

tubejockey

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

Does the NFL also black out coaches shows? Specficially, I am trying to watch 640 right now - "Bears Blitz" - and am getting a 727 not locally available message. :nono2:

I may live in Houston but I don't care for the Texans ... yet the NFL is going to make me watch on the Gary Kubiak show now, too? Oh brother!

Here's a response from CSNC regarding black-outs of Bears Blitz:

"Thanks for contacting us. This year, both BEARS BLITZ and BEARS RECAP contain NFL highlights within these shows. Due to league rules, the NFL requires that these programs be blacked out in areas that are outside of the Bears territory, which is the Chicago market. Our “Bears Post Game Live” show does not contain game highlights and it will continue to be available to all of our viewers"

#54 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

Got the same exact response this AM.

#55 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

Got the same exact response this AM.

Yep. That is becoming much more common for non-game football and baseball programming on the RSNs.

Completely stupid move on the part of the leagues, if you ask me. Which they have not ;)

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#56 OFFLINE   tombet

tombet

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

Yep. That is becoming much more common for non-game football and baseball programming on the RSNs.

Completely stupid move on the part of the leagues, if you ask me. Which they have not ;)

Seems to me they should at least allow it to people who bought Sunday Ticket and Super Fan. I pay like $400 ayear for those two things to watch my Bears, and do it year after year, and I can't even watch a show about them ?

I have the full game itself recorded already in HD, as well as the condensed version from NFL channel. What's the difference if I get a few minutes of highlights too ?

(NFL Sunday ticket is 99% of the reason I am a D* customer.)

#57 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

They should just do away with the sportspack. It's to inconsistent and people really don't know what they are getting when they pay for it. I live in sw Michigan and receive csn chicago and fsn detroit and I never did before. I don't get it!

#58 OFFLINE   radryan

radryan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:21 AM

Got a question on the HD content available on this channel Do they make certain games available in SD only in certain parts of the market? Or is it a all or nothing thing, if you get the channel and the game then you get it is HD?

I ask because when I put in my zip code in the RSN tool I get this:

Comcast SportsNet (Chicago) (Ch. 640) - HD Available
Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
Chicago Cubs
Chicago Fire
Chicago White Sox

But with a Chicago zip code I get this:

Comcast SportsNet (Chicago) (Ch. 640) - HD Available
Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
Chicago Cubs (HD Available)
Chicago Fire
Chicago White Sox (HD Available)

This leads me to believe that I will not get Cubs games and White Sox games in HD only in SD. Is this correct(if so why is it that way)? or will I get them in HD?

#59 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

All Home games are in HD for the Bulls, Cubs and Sox, no matter where you live. Road games are either in SD, or that Fox-like widescreen SD.

#60 OFFLINE   STEVED21

STEVED21

Godfather

• Registered
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

Seems to me they should at least allow it to people who bought Sunday Ticket and Super Fan. I pay like $400 ayear for those two things to watch my Bears, and do it year after year, and I can't even watch a show about them ?

I have the full game itself recorded already in HD, as well as the condensed version from NFL channel. What's the difference if I get a few minutes of highlights too ?

(NFL Sunday ticket is 99% of the reason I am a D* customer.)

Don't they show the team shows at 11am ET on the ST channels?

spam firewall