Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (640)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   nosok12

nosok12

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

Do you guys know if they bring the Bulls telecast in HD?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   tubejockey

tubejockey

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

I live in the Mid-Atlantic and subscribe to Sports Pack as well. "Bears Blitz" on CSNC Ch 640 is blacked-out, and for the life of me I don't understand why. The program is exclusive to CSN Chicago, not shown on any other channel or network provided by Dtv. How licensing or contractural agreements come into play is beyond me. :confused:

#53 OFFLINE   tubejockey

tubejockey

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

Does the NFL also black out coaches shows? Specficially, I am trying to watch 640 right now - "Bears Blitz" - and am getting a 727 not locally available message. :nono2:

I may live in Houston but I don't care for the Texans ... yet the NFL is going to make me watch on the Gary Kubiak show now, too? Oh brother!

Here's a response from CSNC regarding black-outs of Bears Blitz:

"Thanks for contacting us. This year, both BEARS BLITZ and BEARS RECAP contain NFL highlights within these shows. Due to league rules, the NFL requires that these programs be blacked out in areas that are outside of the Bears territory, which is the Chicago market. Our “Bears Post Game Live” show does not contain game highlights and it will continue to be available to all of our viewers"

#54 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,235 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

Got the same exact response this AM.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#55 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

Got the same exact response this AM.

Yep. That is becoming much more common for non-game football and baseball programming on the RSNs.

Completely stupid move on the part of the leagues, if you ask me. Which they have not ;)

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#56 OFFLINE   tombet

tombet

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

Yep. That is becoming much more common for non-game football and baseball programming on the RSNs.

Completely stupid move on the part of the leagues, if you ask me. Which they have not ;)

Seems to me they should at least allow it to people who bought Sunday Ticket and Super Fan. I pay like $400 ayear for those two things to watch my Bears, and do it year after year, and I can't even watch a show about them ?

I have the full game itself recorded already in HD, as well as the condensed version from NFL channel. What's the difference if I get a few minutes of highlights too ?

(NFL Sunday ticket is 99% of the reason I am a D* customer.)

#57 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

They should just do away with the sportspack. It's to inconsistent and people really don't know what they are getting when they pay for it. I live in sw Michigan and receive csn chicago and fsn detroit and I never did before. I don't get it!

#58 OFFLINE   radryan

radryan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:21 AM

Got a question on the HD content available on this channel Do they make certain games available in SD only in certain parts of the market? Or is it a all or nothing thing, if you get the channel and the game then you get it is HD?

I ask because when I put in my zip code in the RSN tool I get this:

Comcast SportsNet (Chicago) (Ch. 640) - HD Available
Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
Chicago Cubs
Chicago Fire
Chicago White Sox

But with a Chicago zip code I get this:

Comcast SportsNet (Chicago) (Ch. 640) - HD Available
Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
Chicago Cubs (HD Available)
Chicago Fire
Chicago White Sox (HD Available)

This leads me to believe that I will not get Cubs games and White Sox games in HD only in SD. Is this correct(if so why is it that way)? or will I get them in HD?

#59 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

All Home games are in HD for the Bulls, Cubs and Sox, no matter where you live. Road games are either in SD, or that Fox-like widescreen SD.

#60 OFFLINE   STEVED21

STEVED21

Godfather

• Registered
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

Seems to me they should at least allow it to people who bought Sunday Ticket and Super Fan. I pay like $400 ayear for those two things to watch my Bears, and do it year after year, and I can't even watch a show about them ?

I have the full game itself recorded already in HD, as well as the condensed version from NFL channel. What's the difference if I get a few minutes of highlights too ?

(NFL Sunday ticket is 99% of the reason I am a D* customer.)

Don't they show the team shows at 11am ET on the ST channels?

#61 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

FYI I posted this in one of the NHL threads but CSN Chicago and the Blackhawks announced the end officially of the no home game on TV deal starting with a game on Nov 11.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#62 OFFLINE   DGF9600

DGF9600

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

Does any one know about CSN + ? This is for the overflow games that will be broadcast on 668? Currently there does not appear to be an HD signal even though it it is a home game for the Bulls. This will also be an issue with any overflow Cubs or White Sox games pushed to CSN +. Will the HD signal be broadcast with the new satellite?

Thanks.

#63 OFFLINE   djzack67

djzack67

Icon

• Registered
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

Does any one know about CSN + ? This is for the overflow games that will be broadcast on 668? Currently there does not appear to be an HD signal even though it it is a home game for the Bulls. This will also be an issue with any overflow Cubs or White Sox games pushed to CSN +. Will the HD signal be broadcast with the new satellite?

Thanks.

Good Question.....
Waiting for
BBCA HD

#64 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

Thanks.

Very odd that CSN Chicago had the Bulls on CSN+ in SD, while NBAtv had an HD feed of the game what was provided by CSN Chicago.
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#65 OFFLINE   kmhanika

kmhanika

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

I'm in Central Iowa and watched a few pre-season Cubs games on 640 in "HD". The quality was awful. It appeared to be an SD picture with too few pixels that was enlarged and stretched. Is this what people mean by CSNC Widescreen? Will the picture quality of regular season games be any better?

#66 OFFLINE   dgordo

dgordo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

CSN has not shown any preseason games in HD, these games are shown at 480p upconverted to 1080i.

Regular season games will be 1080i.

#67 OFFLINE   kmhanika

kmhanika

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

CSN has not shown any preseason games in HD, these games are shown at 480p upconverted to 1080i.

Regular season games will be 1080i.

Thanks, dgordo. That's good to know.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...