Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (640)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

FYI I posted this in one of the NHL threads but CSN Chicago and the Blackhawks announced the end officially of the no home game on TV deal starting with a game on Nov 11.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   DGF9600

DGF9600

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

Does any one know about CSN + ? This is for the overflow games that will be broadcast on 668? Currently there does not appear to be an HD signal even though it it is a home game for the Bulls. This will also be an issue with any overflow Cubs or White Sox games pushed to CSN +. Will the HD signal be broadcast with the new satellite?

Thanks.

#63 OFFLINE   djzack67

djzack67

Icon

• Registered
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

Does any one know about CSN + ? This is for the overflow games that will be broadcast on 668? Currently there does not appear to be an HD signal even though it it is a home game for the Bulls. This will also be an issue with any overflow Cubs or White Sox games pushed to CSN +. Will the HD signal be broadcast with the new satellite?

Thanks.

Good Question.....
Waiting for
BBCA HD

#64 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

Thanks.

Very odd that CSN Chicago had the Bulls on CSN+ in SD, while NBAtv had an HD feed of the game what was provided by CSN Chicago.
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#65 OFFLINE   kmhanika

kmhanika

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

I'm in Central Iowa and watched a few pre-season Cubs games on 640 in "HD". The quality was awful. It appeared to be an SD picture with too few pixels that was enlarged and stretched. Is this what people mean by CSNC Widescreen? Will the picture quality of regular season games be any better?

#66 OFFLINE   dgordo

dgordo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

CSN has not shown any preseason games in HD, these games are shown at 480p upconverted to 1080i.

Regular season games will be 1080i.

#67 OFFLINE   kmhanika

kmhanika

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

CSN has not shown any preseason games in HD, these games are shown at 480p upconverted to 1080i.

Regular season games will be 1080i.

Thanks, dgordo. That's good to know.

spam firewall