Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic (629)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   k9labau

k9labau

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:37 PM

I was wondering the same thing - I posted this on another "new HD" thread, but I noticed that today with the new channels added it removed 629 HD and put in 681 - even though I didn't have 681 in my programmed Favs list - does D* plan to remove/replace 629? just want to know so I can remove duplicates.

Also, I noticed their sports newscasts are in HD (Sportsnite) as well as some of the talk shows like Washpost live.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   fineware

fineware

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:45 PM

This channel is now also mapped to channel 681. Is this channel moving?

I was wondering if that was the original local spot beam feed from 99(a), just remapped with the rest of the alternates.

#23 OFFLINE   jeff125va

jeff125va

Godfather

• Registered
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:03 AM

I was wondering the same thing - I posted this on another "new HD" thread, but I noticed that today with the new channels added it removed 629 HD and put in 681 - even though I didn't have 681 in my programmed Favs list - does D* plan to remove/replace 629? just want to know so I can remove duplicates.

Also, I noticed their sports newscasts are in HD (Sportsnite) as well as some of the talk shows like Washpost live.

I noticed channel 681, too, and it showed up in the guide when I had it filtered for HDTV channels. 629 was still there though.

#24 OFFLINE   TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin

Icon

• Registered
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:15 AM

I noticed channel 681, too, and it showed up in the guide when I had it filtered for HDTV channels. 629 was still there though.

I think 681 is the overflow channel. So if the Wizards and the Caps are playing at the same time.
2 HR-20 700's
1 HR24-500
1 AM21
All receivers are networked

8 Port SWM
OTA Feeding all receivers
Slimline Dish
DLS 15MB's- FIOS

#25 OFFLINE   jeff125va

jeff125va

Godfather

• Registered
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:28 AM

What about CSN+, channel 669? I've been trying to figure out if we should be getting the UVA-Middle Tennessee State game this Saturday night.

#26 OFFLINE   chef8181

chef8181

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

its funny how none of the local companies in NORFOLK DMA have this station available in HD

not my local cable co or Vz FiOS...

Sure but Cox and FiOS have the local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox) in HD but D* has nothing for us and we're the largest DMA without locals in HD. Promised since late 2006 and still waiting...:mad:
HR20, Sony 50' Rear Projection HDTV (KDFE50A10)

#27 OFFLINE   kenpac89

kenpac89

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:22 AM

I live in the spot beam territory so I've had this channel for a little while now. This is anecdotal rather than empirical, so I could be wrong, but I can't really think of very much actual HD programming that's been on this channel. Maybe I've just been flipping through the guide at the wrong times or my memory is shot.

I have seen Fox Sports College Football games in HD on CSN (Big 12 and Pac-10). Also, I think their studio show everynight is available in HD as well.

#28 OFFLINE   patyoung

patyoung

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:08 PM

This HD channel was used for the Islanders vs Caps game last night on the NHL package. It was so much better than the normal center ice channels.

#29 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:42 PM

I have been having a lot of audio stuttering problems with the MPEG4 HD channels (HD locals and new HD channels). I have had very few audio dropouts.

But my HD locals and Comcast Sport Net Mid Atlantic (629) have been the worst for me.

I am watching the Wizards vs. Pacers game now and I am getting a lot of the audio stuttering.

Is anyone else watching it and having the same problem? Or has anyone had the problem with this channel?

#30 OFFLINE   TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin

Icon

• Registered
  • 596 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:55 PM

I have been having a lot of audio stuttering problems with the MPEG4 HD channels (HD locals and new HD channels). I have had very few audio dropouts.

But my HD locals and Comcast Sport Net Mid Atlantic (629) have been the worst for me.

I am watching the Wizards vs. Pacers game now and I am getting a lot of the audio stuttering.

Is anyone else watching it and having the same problem? Or has anyone had the problem with this channel?

I've had the same problems Mike. With both Caps and Wizard games.
2 HR-20 700's
1 HR24-500
1 AM21
All receivers are networked

8 Port SWM
OTA Feeding all receivers
Slimline Dish
DLS 15MB's- FIOS

#31 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

I am having a lot of audio stuttering and a few audio dropouts again tonight with the Wizards game.

I am also having a few video problems. A few times the picture turned white. I was still able to see the game but everything was white for a second.

I have also had a little video stuttering tonight. It last about two seconds.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...