Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: FSN Bay Area HD (654-1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,646 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:26 AM

Discussion thread for FSN Bay Area Regional Sports Network

Topics: PQ, Programming, etc.

And don't forget our coverage of the new DIRECTV HD channels:

The list of Launched Channels,
Troubleshooting Tips for the New HD Channels.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,646 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:32 PM

This channel is expected, November 14.

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,646 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:07 AM

This channel is now confirmed.

#4 OFFLINE   soloredd

soloredd

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:16 AM

Awesome! Just in time for the Pistons-Warriors game tonight.

Good stuff.

#5 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

Good stuff.

yes! At least if we're going to watch the W's lose we get to do it in High Def now!

Saturday we get the Sharks in all their HD Glory! Finally!:D

#6 OFFLINE   steff3

steff3

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:26 AM

This channel is now confirmed.

:bowdown: :joy: :goodjob: :joy:

#7 OFFLINE   pbg

pbg

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

FSN Bay Area is good one- Remember though, the game needs to be broadcasted in HD - Tonight's Warrior game is not. We'll need to wait until Friday to see the Warriors in HD via FSN Bay Area. Of course, if you are out that RSN's area you'll need League Pass, and Direct needs to pick that feed to use. We'll see how it pans out.

#8 OFFLINE   jahgreen

jahgreen

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

How is this different than before, when a game broadcast in HD on FSNBA was shown on another channel, 95 or 96? Is the only change the channel I tune?
Panasonic 50px60U
(1) HR20-700, (1) HR21-100
Salamander Design Synergy Cabinet with plasma mount

DirecTV since 2004

#9 OFFLINE   forecheck

forecheck

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:41 PM

If you live in the Bay Area, then nothing is different except the channel number, you will still get the same number of games. The people that benefit are the ones outside the Bay Area, especially the nearby areas like Monterey and Sacramento.

#10 OFFLINE   kenmoo

kenmoo

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

If you live in the Bay Area, then nothing is different except the channel number, you will still get the same number of games. The people that benefit are the ones outside the Bay Area, especially the nearby areas like Monterey and Sacramento.

Thanks Forecheck. I live even further east of the Bay Area in the Sierra foothills and receive Sac DMA HD signals. I have gotten SD Fox Sports BA and BA+ all along and was hoping I would get any FS BA HD broadcasts on 654-1. I anxiously await the first HD game to test the theory.

The mostly SD content, RSN spotbeams area coverage, blackouts and other issues really confuse me as to what game I will get till I'm actually watching it. I don't have any of the extra sports packages so it's just FS BA for me.

#11 OFFLINE   mdgolf

mdgolf

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

And even folks way out of the Bay Area in Reno:D Yahoo!...I now have everything I wanted when I gave up E* last summer when I moved from the Bay Area.

Thanks D*:goodjob:

#12 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

Thanks Forecheck. I live even further east of the Bay Area in the Sierra foothills and receive Sac DMA HD signals. I have gotten SD Fox Sports BA and BA+ all along and was hoping I would get any FS BA HD broadcasts on 654-1. I anxiously await the first HD game to test the theory.

The mostly SD content, RSN spotbeams area coverage, blackouts and other issues really confuse me as to what game I will get till I'm actually watching it. I don't have any of the extra sports packages so it's just FS BA for me.

That's the beauty of this channel going live... no more spot beam issues! I suppose there's always the chance for screw ups (we are, after all, talking about DirecTV :rolleyes: )... BUT... you should get almost every game in HD that FSN Bay Area broadcasts now...

I think you'll have Warriors games blacked out if you're in the Sacramento DMA... you will, though, get Sharks, Giants, A's, and college sports that are broadcast.

#13 OFFLINE   forecheck

forecheck

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:05 PM

As Sharkie_Fan mentioned earlier, the first Sharks game that we should get is Saturday. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, actually) I will not be home to see it since I will be at the Shark Tank in person, but will look forward to the results posted here. Also, on Friday there is a Warrior game which should be blacked out in the Kings area, and maybe some college football games on Saturday morning/afternoon.

#14 OFFLINE   jahgreen

jahgreen

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:36 PM

Thanks to all for the clarifications and explanations.
Panasonic 50px60U
(1) HR20-700, (1) HR21-100
Salamander Design Synergy Cabinet with plasma mount

DirecTV since 2004

#15 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

As Sharkie_Fan mentioned earlier, the first Sharks game that we should get is Saturday. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, actually) I will not be home to see it since I will be at the Shark Tank in person, but will look forward to the results posted here. Also, on Friday there is a Warrior game which should be blacked out in the Kings area, and maybe some college football games on Saturday morning/afternoon.

If you're worried about seeing the PQ on this channel, I'll trade ya places... It'd be a big sacrifice, but I could take your place at the Tank so you could experience the inaugural HD broadcast on this channel... ;)

#16 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,633 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

And Fallon (east of Reno)... :D

Now, if only MSG/FSNY would come online. Then I could see the Isles in HD (more than a couple of times a season on Vs. and HDNET)

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#17 OFFLINE   Captaintrips420

Captaintrips420

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

is there any reason why this channel is not showing up for me in the hd filtered guide, and when i tune to the channel my receiver gives me a blank screen at 720p? i would have thought that the 654-1 would be the same as 654...also, the video is all screwed up and zoomed in for me on 654.

weirdness, and i live in the bay area...... booooooo

#18 OFFLINE   bbq-allstar

bbq-allstar

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

^^^ Me too... I think I need to reset my receiver, but I'm recording some NHL games, so I'll wait till later. My guide says "To Be Announced" for all the new channels I added.

#19 OFFLINE   flipptyfloppity

flipptyfloppity

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:29 PM

654-1 is black for me right now. Not just the guide data, but the channel. I'm gonna reboot and see what that does.
room 1:
HR34-700 through Sony STR-DA5300ES amp to LG 55" LE8500 LCD flat panel via HDMI. Discrete OTA.

room 2:
On break. I thought I'd get something in time for baseball, but...

AU9 SWM dish. Channel Master 4228 for UHF + big yagi for VHF w/CM7777 combiner/amplifier.

Connected via wired GigE to Apple Time Capsule base station.

#20 OFFLINE   Lurch1080i

Lurch1080i

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

Black screen for me too. Channel guide says "To Be Announced". It has been like that since it came on for me this morning.

spam firewall