Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: FSN Bay Area HD (654-1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

Doh! I know this is late but I must have gotten too excited and thought it was HD instead of FSNBA+! Oh well.

It looks like almost all home games this year for the Warriors will be in HD (looking at the link that Sharkie posted. I was unable to check out the Clipper game last night because I got dragged to the Pistons-Lakers game in LA :nono2:

The game last night looked amazing! And they won, which makes it look even better! I'm anxiously awaiting the start of the Sharks game... this should be AWESOME!!

And you're right... most of the home games for all our bay area teams are going to be in HD this year!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   full moon

full moon

Legend

• Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

Iam a Blackhawks fan, but have been really watching alot of the Sharks games on NHLCI.. |Good team...Enjoy watching them...

#43 OFFLINE   flipptyfloppity

flipptyfloppity

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:44 PM

Hmm. Sharks game started recording on 654-1 at 7:30 as it should. At 7:39, it stopped recording, and started a new recording. The new recording is all blank, and tuning 654-1 gives a blank screen now. 654 is still going.

Did they really only air 69 minutes of the game in HD and then cut it off?
room 1:
HR34-700 through Sony STR-DA5300ES amp to LG 55" LE8500 LCD flat panel via HDMI. Discrete OTA.

room 2:
On break. I thought I'd get something in time for baseball, but...

AU9 SWM dish. Channel Master 4228 for UHF + big yagi for VHF w/CM7777 combiner/amplifier.

Connected via wired GigE to Apple Time Capsule base station.

#44 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:51 PM

Hmm. Sharks game started recording on 654-1 at 7:30 as it should. At 7:39, it stopped recording, and started a new recording. The new recording is all blank, and tuning 654-1 gives a blank screen now. 654 is still going.

Did they really only air 69 minutes of the game in HD and then cut it off?

Not sure what they just did. I think maybe SatelliteRacer is messing with all of us Sharks fans... :lol:

I was actually coming here to find out if I was the only one who just lost the HD feed... but I see I'm not alone.

#45 OFFLINE   Lurch1080i

Lurch1080i

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

Ok this sucks, FSBA HD feed of the Sharks game just went Black...WTF is going on. Wait all this time and they don't give me a full game.

#46 OFFLINE   Lurch1080i

Lurch1080i

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:11 PM

Hey Guys, the game is on Channel 94 now in HD

#47 OFFLINE   packfan909

packfan909

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:58 AM

Hey Guys, the game is on Channel 94 now in HD

So those of us who recorded the game to watch later are screwed! NOT COOL!!!

I could care a less about Channel 94 getting the game. If you are going to have guide data with the game on 654-1, then you should finish the game on the channel as well as 94. I hope this was a simple snafu and not what to expect moving forward.

Utter BS in my book.

pf
DirecTV & Sirius Subscriber - Hardware on Profile
HR20-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Bridged | 1080i Str | Rem IR Harmony 676 | HDMI
HR20-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Wired | 480p Str | Rem RF RC24 | Component
HR21-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Wired | 1080i LB | Rem RC32 | Component
uPnP Software: TVersity Pro BETA 1.5
Internet: Fiber 10MB via Surewest, Airlink+ Router

#48 OFFLINE   troman

troman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:06 AM

I just got home from the game. I had set up to record channel 654-1, and when I got home there were two recordings. The first one, an hour +, was OK, but the second recording was blank. I rebooted, and the 2nd recording was gone.

It sounds like for some reason the HD broadcast moved from 654-1 to 94. I agree that I hope that won't be standard practice, because it makes the DVR useless for recording hockey in HD.

#49 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 688 posts
  • LocationStanislaus County Farmland

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:45 AM

The FSNBA-HD telecast was mirrored on the NHL-CI (773-1, if I remember right) channel through to 10 pm. Then it cutoff just when the shootout was beginning.

I didn't even bother to check Ch. 94 since that is a MPEG-2 channel & 654-1 along with the NHLCI-HD channels are MPEG-4 channels. I see a noticeable difference to the good with the MPEG-4 channels.

#50 OFFLINE   packfan909

packfan909

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:35 AM

The FSNBA-HD telecast was mirrored on the NHL-CI (773-1, if I remember right) channel through to 10 pm. Then it cutoff just when the shootout was beginning.

I didn't even bother to check Ch. 94 since that is a MPEG-2 channel & 654-1 along with the NHLCI-HD channels are MPEG-4 channels. I see a noticeable difference to the good with the MPEG-4 channels.

As long as they keep broadcasting!

I applied a CE after the recording was completed. After restart, the second recording was automatically removed.

pf

#51 OFFLINE   brianp6621

brianp6621

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:47 PM

This doesn't make any sense to me? Why did they switch to 94 in the middle of the game?

#52 OFFLINE   packfan909

packfan909

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:18 PM

This doesn't make any sense to me? Why did they switch to 94 in the middle of the game?

I am as confused and dumbfounded as you are. I just hope that whoever made that call isn't around to make that same decision again.

pf

#53 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

Who knows.... I don't know that anyone has the exact answer... though perhaps Satelliteracer might be able to shed some light on it, since he has an insider's view.

It's possible they had some sort of a technical difficulty that forced them to switch the broadcast to 94. It's also possible that someone just messed up and had 654-1 turn off early and the quickest way to correct it was to turn the game on channel 94...

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that this was a one time glitch and not something that's going to happen with any kind of regularity.

#54 OFFLINE   toneman

toneman

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:58 PM

I think you'll have Warriors games blacked out if you're in the Sacramento DMA...

As a Warriors fan living in the Sac area, I hate that Warriors games are blacked out on FSNBA up here. Given that it would seem that Sacramento is pretty much pro-Kings...I can't understand why Warriors telecasts on FSNBA would be a threat to Kings TV viewership--especially during days when the Kings aren't even playing. Can someone please explain the logic as to why I can't watch my Warriors on FSNBA here in Sac? :confused:

#55 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:10 AM

As a Warriors fan living in the Sac area, I hate that Warriors games are blacked out on FSNBA up here. Given that it would seem that Sacramento is pretty much pro-Kings...I can't understand why Warriors telecasts on FSNBA would be a threat to Kings TV viewership--especially during days when the Kings aren't even playing. Can someone please explain the logic as to why I can't watch my Warriors on FSNBA here in Sac? :confused:

Unfortunately, we live in the queens DMA, meaning anyone in certain zip codes close to Sacramento can only get the queens games (NBA blackout rules). For years, on standard cable you were still able to view the Warriors on FSN, however, technology caught up, and now the cable/satellite companies must black us out. I'm afraid you will have to pony up like the rest of us and get League Pass.......and if you have Dish Network, like me that means almost ZERO Warriors games in HD.
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#56 OFFLINE   toneman

toneman

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:40 PM

Unfortunately, we live in the queens DMA, meaning anyone in certain zip codes close to Sacramento can only get the queens games (NBA blackout rules). For years, on standard cable you were still able to view the Warriors on FSN, however, technology caught up, and now the cable/satellite companies must black us out. I'm afraid you will have to pony up like the rest of us and get League Pass.......and if you have Dish Network, like me that means almost ZERO Warriors games in HD.

LOL--you threw me off for a moment w/ your "queens" comment--for a moment there I was wondering why would you'd be talking about New York! In any case, I'm totally enjoying that the fortunes have been reversed and we're back to beating the "Queens" on a regular basis like in the old days... :hurah:

Okay that's what I figured...but it's really stupid if you ask me, given that it would seem that NBA DMA rules don't apply if the Warriors are playing on TNT or ESPN (or maybe/hopefully, if they're chosen to be the game of the day/week on NBA HD). Man, Stern should find a way to allow the Queens to move to Vegas so that I can watch my Warriors up here w/o having to deal w/ any DMA blackout cr*p--ha ha!!! :lol:

#57 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:05 PM

LOL--you threw me off for a moment w/ your "queens" comment--for a moment there I was wondering why would you'd be talking about New York! In any case, I'm totally enjoying that the fortunes have been reversed and we're back to beating the "Queens" on a regular basis like in the old days... :hurah:

Okay that's what I figured...but it's really stupid if you ask me, given that it would seem that NBA DMA rules don't apply if the Warriors are playing on TNT or ESPN (or maybe/hopefully, if they're chosen to be the game of the day/week on NBA HD). Man, Stern should find a way to allow the Queens to move to Vegas so that I can watch my Warriors up here w/o having to deal w/ any DMA blackout cr*p--ha ha!!! :lol:

Since we are not in the Warriors DMA, there should be no reason why any games shown on national networks ie, NBC, ESPN, TNT, or NBATV should be blacked out. Those games should mostly be in HD for us, that and when they play the queens @ARCO (Comcast SportsNet HD)
I wish E* would get with it and add FSNBAY AREA HD. Maybe then I could get Warriors in HD on League Pass.....
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#58 OFFLINE   Littledude

Littledude

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

Have we had 655-1 FSNBA HD altn. all along or did we get it this morning?

#59 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

Have we had 655-1 FSNBA HD altn. all along or did we get it this morning?

I noticed it this morning as well, when I was updating my favorites list to add BioHD. So it is recent, if not new today.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#60 OFFLINE   taylorhively

taylorhively

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

I was watching the sharks game last night on 654-1 and there were tons of pops, studders, and sound drop outs. There was no MPEG artifacts or video problems whatsoever, just audio.
I'm trying to figure out if it's a transponder signal strength problem (misaligned dish?) No other channel has this problem, just FSNBAHD.

Was it the broadcast, or could it be my dish? I had the same problem on all 3 of my HD DVRs, so it's not the receiver.

Anyone been able to figure out what satellite/transponder this channel is on?

Thanks
5 DirecTV HD DVRs: HR20-700, HR20-700, HR22-100, HR21-100, HR24-500
60" Sony SXRB HD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...