Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: FSN Detroit (636)

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,826 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:26 AM

Discussion thread for FSN Detroit Regional Sports Network

Topics: PQ, Programming, etc.

And don't forget our coverage of the new DIRECTV HD channels:

The list of Launched Channels,
Troubleshooting Tips for the New HD Channels.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:36 AM

Confirmed today

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#3 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:04 AM

Channel 96 is completely gone from the Detroit spot beam. IMO they should have left it up for a little while with just guide data saying that FSN Detroit HD could now be found on it's regular channel 636. I think people will be confused.

#4 OFFLINE   bonscott

bonscott

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

Channel 96 is completely gone from the Detroit spot beam. IMO they should have left it up for a little while with just guide data saying that FSN Detroit HD could now be found on it's regular channel 636. I think people will be confused.

Just so all the people in Detroit wont get confused they should of lauched FSN Bay Area HD instead of FSN Detroit HD.

#5 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:22 AM

I won't be able to check until I get home but is FSN Detroit HD full time or games only? I had read before that it might be just games only.

#6 OFFLINE   Redlinetire

Redlinetire

Icon

• Registered
  • 927 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

Yep, 96 is completely gone. Makes sense I guess...

And it appears to still be 'game only' HD.
They're running a rerun of "Red Wings Live" right now and it's in SD.
Meaning, it's still an HD channel (running at 720 according to my HR20) showing SD with black bars on the side...
TiVo Series3 --> Toshiba 34HFX83 (CRT)

#7 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

And it appears to still be 'game only' HD.
They're running a rerun of "Red Wings Live" right now and it's in SD.
Meaning, it's still an HD channel (running at 720 according to my HR20) showing SD with black bars on the side...

Hey, that's good news. I was hoping this would be the case. Upconverted SD looks a whole lot better then just plain old SD. FSD doesn't do any studio shows in HD so HD for games only is fine, but I was hoping that the HD channel would actually be on 24x7 and it looks like it is. Good news indeed.

#8 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

Woohoo finally us West Michiganders get FSN-Detroit HD!

#9 OFFLINE   brianhewitt

brianhewitt

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:33 AM

:hurah: :hurah: :hurah: GO WINGS :hurah: :hurah: :hurah:

#10 OFFLINE   Blueoctober

Blueoctober

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

Will this mean we might get the away games in HD??

#11 OFFLINE   Oliwa

Oliwa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

So is FSN Detroit available in HD for just the Detroit area or all of Michigan?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Please support the IFOPA

#12 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

ALL! :D

#13 OFFLINE   rposly

rposly

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

It's in HD nationally now, although with the blackout restrictions, I still don't get to see any Wings games here in LA (unless, of course, they're playing the Kings or Mighty Sucks). If only they shot Michigan Replay in HD so I could get a clearer image of Lloyd Carr's amazing jowels...

#14 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

Will this mean we might get the away games in HD??

No because they only do home games in HD. Can't show HD for games not done in HD. ;)

Last I looked on the schedule the next home game is next week.

#15 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

The entire country. Blackouts of course apply but if FSN Detroit is your RSN then you'll get the games. It's an *exact* copy of the SD version thus whatever you get in SD, you'll get on the HD version.

#16 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:54 AM

No because they only do home games in HD. Can't show HD for games not done in HD. ;)

Last I looked on the schedule the next home game is next week.

They have a few away games in HD, but few and far between.

#17 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:24 PM

Just so all the people in Detroit wont get confused they should of lauched FSN Bay Area HD instead of FSN Detroit HD.

Ha Ha Ha not so fast my friend:)

#18 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:30 PM

They have a few away games in HD, but few and far between.

The problem is that the hub for fsn which is located in Houston is at capacity for transmitting hd games. Therefore home games are mostly all that is available at this time with a few road games sprinkled in on slow nights throughout the league when only a few games are scheduled. Now for the GOOD NEWS the hub in Houston is being rebuilt with much higher capacity to produce all games in HD. Its scheduled to be finished and ready to roll by years end. Everyone hang in there its gonna happen. In the meantime enjoy what we've got. Go Pistons Go Wings!!!!!!

#19 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

The problem is that the hub for fsn which is located in Houston is at capacity for transmitting hd games. Therefore home games are mostly all that is available at this time with a few road games sprinkled in on slow nights throughout the league when only a few games are scheduled. Now for the GOOD NEWS the hub in Houston is being rebuilt with much higher capacity to produce all games in HD. Its scheduled to be finished and ready to roll by years end. Everyone hang in there its gonna happen. In the meantime enjoy what we've got. Go Pistons Go Wings!!!!!!

Yeah, i've read the song and dance from the FSN Detroit Website, I believe it when I see it.

I really hope that after the first of the year that we see almost everygame in HD, but they've released the season schedule and it doesn't appear to be much different from last season.

#20 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, i've read the song and dance from the FSN Detroit Website, I believe it when I see it.

I really hope that after the first of the year that we see almost everygame in HD, but they've released the season schedule and it doesn't appear to be much different from last season.

Ya I hear what you are saying but I'm keeping the faith. You have to figure the timing seems right for that rebuild to happen, I mean until now alot of people didn't have access to all these HD rsn's now between cable and D* and E* it seems to ,make sense to me. Bring it on......

spam firewall