Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: CSN New England HD (620-1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   CrAnK

CrAnK

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

The Celtics in HD I can die a happy man!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

yea me too.... D* screwed up I am sure. I posted a thead about this already

Yeah, I was patient when Wednesday's HD game never showed up. But this is a bit frustrating.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#63 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, I was patient when Wednesday's HD game never showed up. But this is a bit frustrating.

The Celtics game is on in HD on 95

#64 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

The Celtics game is on in HD on 95

Thanks for the reminder -- I knew that!

But why have it in the LP channels and black it out there? Would rather watch in MPEG4.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#65 OFFLINE   Dr_J

Dr_J

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

Worked great last night!

#66 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:06 PM

This is getting me mad,i set my 2 hd-dvrs one to record in sd on the 755or was that 753? anyway i set the oter tuner to record channel 95.well my dvr didn't record channel 95 but did record only the sd channel. so i went to checkmy other dvr where i set it to record o channel 620-1 the HD channel but all i got was a searching for authorizaton message by the time i got the game it was 6-2 heat, then i found the game in HD on another channel 753-1!!! this is confusing i don't know which channel to set up my dvr to record the game in HD,as i am rarely home at the start of the game, so i guess i;ll be setting 2 of my dvrs to record the game on 4 differnt channels in the hope that one of the recordings is in HD.I cant wait for verizon to get the nba league pass in hd so i can switch back to the reliable tivo.

#67 OFFLINE   Carbon

Carbon

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

Has anyone else been having audio sync issues on all of the Celtics games this year?
TV: Sony Bravia KDL-52W4100
Receiver: HR20-700 running the latest CE with Native ON
Connected Via: HDMI to the TV. Optical to HTR5460 and hardwired to the internet.
Home Theater Receiver: Yamaha HTR5460
XBOX 360 Gamer ID: CarbonNSX
Newest Toy: Sony Blu-Ray Player S350
Check out my photostream on Flickr http://www.flickr.co...tos/pbergeronnh

#68 OFFLINE   Webini

Webini

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:36 AM

Has anyone else been having audio sync issues on all of the Celtics games this year?

Yup!

#69 OFFLINE   Dr_J

Dr_J

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

I've come to the realization that the Celtics are in HD only at home.

#70 OFFLINE   mfeinstein

mfeinstein

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:36 AM

Today in an interview on WEEI radio, Celtic owner Wyc Grousbeck said that he believed that Comcast would start offering Celtic road games in HD beginning in January 2008. Can't wait!

#71 OFFLINE   mfeinstein

mfeinstein

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:15 AM

Tonight's Celtics game is a home game and should be broadcast in HD on 620-1. The Comcast Sports Net web site says that the game will be in HD. But, the DirecTV listings in my DVR and on the web site don't list it on 620-1, just in SD on 620. I did a manual recording on 620-1 to see if I can catch it, anyway.

Since I've been playing with the DVR Scheduler, I did a search of the DirecTV web site listings for Celtics and found that none of their home games are listed in the guide as being on 620-1.

I know that DirecTV gets their guide data from an outside provider, but why aren't there any games listed on 620-1 so I can set up recordings in HD?

#72 OFFLINE   mfeinstein

mfeinstein

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

Today in an interview on WEEI radio, Celtic owner Wyc Grousbeck said that he believed that Comcast would start offering Celtic road games in HD beginning in January 2008. Can't wait!

As a follow-up to my earlier post, the Boston Globe today has a quote from Comcast Sports Net New England saying that they hope to have Celtics road games in HD in February 2008.

#73 OFFLINE   Danno2

Danno2

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:30 AM

As a follow-up to my earlier post, the Boston Globe today has a quote from Comcast Sports Net New England saying that they hope to have Celtics road games in HD in February 2008.

Wyc has been saying that since the beginning of the season. The Celtics head offices want it to happen. They've been lobbying Comcast for it constantly. I'm a Season Ticket holder, so I get bits and pieces of news about it - and yes, they're trying. The problem is Comcast. Comcast Sportsnet has been dragging their feet trying to get the local carriers in the road cities to get agreements for HD transmissions in place. It might happen by February, but I wouldn't count on it.

The good thing is - lots of their games towards the end of the season will be on National TV, since they are doing so well. So at the very least, we'll get TNT's ESPN's or ABC's HD feed for the impoartant games like San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas, etc.

#74 OFFLINE   mfeinstein

mfeinstein

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

Tonight's Celtics game is a home game and should be broadcast in HD on 620-1. The Comcast Sports Net web site says that the game will be in HD. But, the DirecTV listings in my DVR and on the web site don't list it on 620-1, just in SD on 620. I did a manual recording on 620-1 to see if I can catch it, anyway.

Since I've been playing with the DVR Scheduler, I did a search of the DirecTV web site listings for Celtics and found that none of their home games are listed in the guide as being on 620-1.

I know that DirecTV gets their guide data from an outside provider, but why aren't there any games listed on 620-1 so I can set up recordings in HD?

The Guide data for the -1 sports channels must be updated last minute. I just checked the Guide on my HR20 for tonight's Celtics-76ers game, and the game is listed in HD on 620-1. The problem with this is that it's hard to schedule recordings for HD games in advance. Not sure why this is updated so late where there is no question that this game would be available in HD.

I checked the DirecTV.com web site guide, and it still does not show the game on 620-1. With the issues of scheduling recordings on subchannels through the web site, I couldn't have scheduled it there anyway. But, I thought it was interesting that the web site guide clearly is not driven by the same data that drives the guide data that goes into the DVRs.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...