Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: FSN Southwest (643)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jgriffin7

jgriffin7

Native Texan

• DBSTalk Club
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

So glad to have this. Just a few days too late, though. I really wanted to see Tech and A&M last Sat in HD. But, I take what I can get!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   gdn

gdn

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

This is one of the better sites I've found about keeping up with all the HD sports on TV - but even they have proven to be pretty slow about getting the listings up the last 3 weeks - http://www.hdsportsguide.com/
HR21-100 and HR22-100, Sony SXRD KDS60A2000, Samsung LN40A650, Logitec 880 and almost retired Pronto TSU1000 remote - used still for the CD changer.

#23 OFFLINE   GenoV

GenoV

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:10 PM

This is one of the better sites I've found about keeping up with all the HD sports on TV - but even they have proven to be pretty slow about getting the listings up the last 3 weeks - http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

Try this one for college sports...beats almost everyone to the punch on listings, and has hdsportsguide.com as a sponsor! :)

http://mattsarz44017.tripod.com/

#24 OFFLINE   naxet

naxet

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Watching Stars in SD on my HDTV was brutal. Will all the Stars game on 643 be in HD. Would this by any chance mean that the games on 27-1 could be in HD also?

#25 OFFLINE   gdn

gdn

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

Try this one for college sports...beats almost everyone to the punch on listings, and has hdsportsguide.com as a sponsor! :)

http://mattsarz44017.tripod.com/

Thanks - a few more navigation steps to see the list - but they are more up-to-date - they include the FSSW OU game this coming weekend where the previous web site still doesn't have it listed - which is what prompted my slow comment. Will start to use this site as well. Thanks.
HR21-100 and HR22-100, Sony SXRD KDS60A2000, Samsung LN40A650, Logitec 880 and almost retired Pronto TSU1000 remote - used still for the CD changer.

#26 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:48 PM

you could also try this one

http://www.lsufootba.../tvschedule.htm

#27 OFFLINE   JeffTex42

JeffTex42

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

I wonder if this means FSN Houston (639) is HD too? It's only on when a Houston game is underway or a Dallas game is on 643. The rest of the time we are FSN Southwest.

Anyone have an update on this? What's the answer?

#28 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:27 PM

Maybe I'm claimed by the Hornets, who have their games on Cox Sports Television...which, of course, I can't get on D*

What an awful situation. I assume.

That may change soon

#29 OFFLINE   TI-STARS

TI-STARS

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

It will be nice to see each Stars game on FSNSW because more ice can be seen in 16X9 format - finally a complete HD hockey season - both local 27 and FSN. I do remember some games being pillar boxed - hopefully that will be corrected.

#30 OFFLINE   alevine1986

alevine1986

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:26 PM

It will be nice to see each Stars game on FSNSW because more ice can be seen in 16X9 format - finally a complete HD hockey season - both local 27 and FSN. I do remember some games being pillar boxed - hopefully that will be corrected.

All the Stars games available in HD were being spot beamed on 96. You will not get any more HD Stars games, you'll just be able to watch them on a different channel.

#31 OFFLINE   Professor Bobo

Professor Bobo

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

Can someone tell me why the USC/ORE game is not in HD on FSNSW-HD 643?

All online listings show all 3 FSN games as being in HD. In fact, I don't think I've seen a single program in HD since FSNSW-HD was launched. I just checked the guide for the next 10 days and I don't see anything with the HD icon.

Any thoughts?

#32 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:01 PM

Can someone tell me why the USC/ORE game is not in HD on FSNSW-HD 643?

All online listings show all 3 FSN games as being in HD. In fact, I don't think I've seen a single program in HD since FSNSW-HD was launched. I just checked the guide for the next 10 days and I don't see anything with the HD icon.

Any thoughts?

Not sure why why the game is not in HD, I am watching it on FSNMW but it's on other RSN's in HD. I was perplexed when I switched over to 643 ( my regional RSN) that it was not in HD, but luckily other RSN's picked up the slack. Everyone should be getting the gme on channel 94 though, it is a national FSN HD feed game, as are the others later.
Dave

#33 OFFLINE   Professor Bobo

Professor Bobo

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:48 PM

Not sure why why the game is not in HD, I am watching it on FSNMW but it's on other RSN's in HD. I was perplexed when I switched over to 643 ( my regional RSN) that it was not in HD, but luckily other RSN's picked up the slack. Everyone should be getting the gme on channel 94 though, it is a national FSN HD feed game, as are the others later.

Thanks. I did eventually find the game on 94. The guide for 94 also shows the Cal/Az State game. I'll have to keep 94 in my guide for future games.

Thanks again.

spam firewall