Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: New England Sports Network/NESN HD (623)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,907 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:26 AM

Discussion thread for New England Sports Network Regional Sports Network

Topics: PQ, Programming, etc.

And don't forget our coverage of the new DIRECTV HD channels:

The list of Launched Channels,
Troubleshooting Tips for the New HD Channels.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:12 AM

Confirmed
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   CoachGibbs

CoachGibbs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:16 AM

Confirmed

Back to 1080i, yay!

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,907 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:55 AM

Thread reopened...
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

As I posted in another thread, knowing that NESN-HD was upcoming for Sox and Bruins games and coverage is the main reason I have remained a DirecTV customer. The other new channels are fine, and I am happy to have them, but sports -- esp. NE sports down here in Florida -- is the main driver of my provider choice.

Good stuff. Thanks, DirecTV!

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#6 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:06 AM

As I posted in another thread, knowing that NESN-HD was upcoming for Sox and Bruins games and coverage is the main reason I have remained a DirecTV customer. The other new channels are fine, and I am happy to have them, but sports -- esp. NE sports down here in Florida -- is the main driver of my provider choice.

I've been waiting for this since I bought an HDTV. Not only is today a big day for me, but the quality of the channel itself has been worth the wait.

I'm glad I stuck it out here in RI, even though I could've gone with Cox and gotten NESN-HD that way. Now we're good to go :)

#7 OFFLINE   rogerpl

rogerpl

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

Shoot me! I'll give Dish till spring after that... I prefer Dish equipment but :mad:

#8 OFFLINE   dirchm0628

dirchm0628

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

Are the RSN avaialble nationwide? What I mean is if I am only concerned about the Red Sox, which is the case, Do I need superfan anymore. Last season NESN was in SD except when rebroadcast on some of the MLB-HD channels. I know the baseball package is in channel range 734-745 but 623 was always opened up when the Sox were at home. So if 623 is opened up again next season am I to assume it will be in HD??????????????

#9 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:31 AM

Are the RSN avaialble nationwide? What I mean is if I am only concerned about the Red Sox, which is the case, Do I need superfan anymore. Last season NESN was in SD except when rebroadcast on some of the MLB-HD channels. I know the baseball package is in channel range 734-745 but 623 was always opened up when the Sox were at home. So if 623 is opened up again next season am I to assume it will be in HD??????????????

I am certain that those of us who want to watch the games and are out of the NESN region will still need to sub to MLB EI-Superfan. No different than the SD rules.

H24-200 -->

#10 OFFLINE   iks

iks

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

If I am not mistaken NESN has been in HD since the September HD launch. Has it changed somehow (to MPEG4 or to 1080i from 720p?). Puzzled...

#11 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:44 AM

If I am not mistaken NESN has been in HD since the September HD launch. Has it changed somehow (to MPEG4 or to 1080i from 720p?). Puzzled...

If you are in Mass. (some areas), you likely have had NESN-HD for quite some time. It was coming from a spot beam with the local channels.

It is now being sent nationally via the new D10 satellite. As of today.

H24-200 -->

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:58 AM

It is now back at 1080i where it belongs

#13 OFFLINE   dirchm0628

dirchm0628

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:37 AM

I am certain that those of us who want to watch the games and are out of the NESN region will still need to sub to MLB EI-Superfan. No different than the SD rules.

I hope DTV would allow superfan subscribers the option of receiving all games in HD next year. I ordered Superfan knowing I would get about two games a week in HD from the Sox. Hopefully they up the number of games next year, and hopefully that means all games where HD is available such as NESN.

#14 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

I hope DTV would allow superfan subscribers the option of receiving all games in HD next year. I ordered Superfan knowing I would get about two games a week in HD from the Sox. Hopefully they up the number of games next year, and hopefully that means all games where HD is available such as NESN.

I believe that DirecTV is on record (prior to this season) as stating that virtually all available HD games will be in the MLB-EI package next season.

H24-200 -->

#15 OFFLINE   neomaine

neomaine

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

OK...now I'm pissed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You guys now have SciFi...AND...NesnHD?!?!?! :eek2: :nono2: :confused:

#16 OFFLINE   Italfra1

Italfra1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'm in Northern CA and I subscribe to Sports Pack. I've always recieved the YES channel but now I get that in HD. I've also always recieved the NESN channel but now I see it say's HD in the guide. For some reason I'm not getting the content in HD or SD. I called D* and was told that it is taking some additional time for everyone to recieve the content but I should be seeing it soon.

Is anyone else seeing the NESN HD in the guide but no programming?

Looking forward to seeing the pregame and postgame interviews after the RedSox lose to the Angels. It's that much better in HD.

#17 OFFLINE   matsfan

matsfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:44 PM

I believe that DirecTV is on record (prior to this season) as stating that virtually all available HD games will be in the MLB-EI package next season.

I saw that too and am hopeful that's the way it will be.

#18 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:46 PM

I'm in Northern CA and I subscribe to Sports Pack. I've always recieved the YES channel but now I get that in HD. I've also always recieved the NESN channel but now I see it say's HD in the guide. For some reason I'm not getting the content in HD or SD. I called D* and was told that it is taking some additional time for everyone to recieve the content but I should be seeing it soon.

Is anyone else seeing the NESN HD in the guide but no programming?

Looking forward to seeing the pregame and postgame interviews after the RedSox lose to the Angels. It's that much better in HD.

Right now, programming is being blacked out. They're showing game replays, and MLB rules do not allow RSN's to show them nationally. Stupid, I know...but that's how it goes. Should be back on shortly for those of us outside NE.

H24-200 -->

#19 OFFLINE   skaeight

skaeight

Icon

• Registered
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

Pre-game show is looking amazing. I can't believe I finally have NESN HD. No more SD Red Sox games at my house ever again!

#20 OFFLINE   Italfra1

Italfra1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:06 PM

Right now, programming is being blacked out. They're showing game replays, and MLB rules do not allow RSN's to show them nationally. Stupid, I know...but that's how it goes. Should be back on shortly for those of us outside NE.

Yeah, that's was I was thinking. Once I realized it was a replay of a game from April 07' I figured that it was blacked out. I'm watching the pregame now on NESN HD and it looks amazing. And I can switch to YES HD for Mike and the Mad Dog and all the Yankees pre game and post game interviews in HD.

This was really sweet to happen prior to playoff baseball. And I'm not that upset up the TBS HD because it looks amazing on my set and everything is in 5.1

The announcers are pretty lame but what can you do. Hopefully the ALCS and World Series will be on Fox. THX.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...