Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: New England Sports Network/NESN HD (623)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   PersMD

PersMD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:10 PM

OK...now I'm pissed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You guys now have SciFi...AND...NesnHD?!?!?! :eek2: :nono2: :confused:

Yup.
I feel a lot more like I do now, than I did when I first got here!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

OK...now I'm pissed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You guys now have SciFi...AND...NesnHD?!?!?! :eek2: :nono2: :confused:

Yep even in Cleveland. :D
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#23 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, that's was I was thinking. Once I realized it was a replay of a game from April 07' I figured that it was blacked out. I'm watching the pregame now on NESN HD and it looks amazing. And I can switch to YES HD for Mike and the Mad Dog and all the Yankees pre game and post game interviews in HD.

This was really sweet to happen prior to playoff baseball. And I'm not that upset up the TBS HD because it looks amazing on my set and everything is in 5.1

The announcers are pretty lame but what can you do. Hopefully the ALCS and World Series will be on Fox. THX.

FYI this year the ALCS and WS are infact on Fox.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#24 OFFLINE   twistedT

twistedT

Icon

• Registered
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

Victory is ours!!.... We suffer no more! :goodjob: THANK YOU D*!! Missed the Sox, but just in time for the Bruins. :)

#25 OFFLINE   Italfra1

Italfra1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

FYI this year the ALCS and WS are infact on Fox.

That's good news because these announcers are awful and that clown with the bad suit that was out there interviewing players after the Rockies/Padres game was a moron.

I don't like Joe Buck and McCarver either but they'll have to do.

#26 OFFLINE   draposo

draposo

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:14 PM

That's good news because these announcers are awful and that clown with the bad suit that was out there interviewing players after the Rockies/Padres game was a moron.

I don't like Joe Buck and McCarver either but they'll have to do.

Come on now .. easy on TBS .... They hired Don Orscillo :)

#27 OFFLINE   VAman

VAman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

Come on now .. easy on TBS .... They hired Don Orscillo :)

He does a great job IMO and with the national exposure of being on TBS, I'll bet it'll be tough for NESN to hang on to him long term. ;)
Plain vanilla setup....5LNB + HR23-700 connected via HDMI to a 37" Vizio HDTV. DirecTV customer since 1996.

#28 OFFLINE   CoachGibbs

CoachGibbs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:45 PM

What the hell is NESN doing tonight? The main cam looks like SD Widescreen. Awful. The other shots look great.

#29 OFFLINE   dbsdave

dbsdave

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:47 AM

What the hell is NESN doing tonight? The main cam looks like SD Widescreen. Awful. The other shots look great.

Yah seriously, don't know what was going on, but it was horrible. Sometimes the road games do not look as good, but not that bad usually.

Did people in providence, maine etc finally get to see nesn hd pro sports games without any extra packages?

#30 OFFLINE   draposo

draposo

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:38 PM

Yah seriously, don't know what was going on, but it was horrible. Sometimes the road games do not look as good, but not that bad usually.

Did people in providence, maine etc finally get to see nesn hd pro sports games without any extra packages?

Y ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

#31 OFFLINE   CoachGibbs

CoachGibbs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:39 AM

I see they fixed it last night. Much better.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...