Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: FSN South HD (630)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:26 AM

Discussion thread for FSN South Regional Sports Network

Topics: PQ, Programming, etc.

And don't forget our coverage of the new DIRECTV HD channels:

The list of Launched Channels,
Troubleshooting Tips for the New HD Channels.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

This channel is expected, November 14.

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:09 AM

This channel is now confirmed.

#4 OFFLINE   uncrules

uncrules

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:53 AM

The HD channel is on 630-1, not 630 that the thread title indicates.
1 HR34-700 (w/AM21N), 2 HR24-500 (1 w/AM21), 2 HR22-100 - Whole Home DVR with DECA and broadband DECA setup
Panasonic Viera 65" TC-P65V10, Magnavox 42" 42MF337B, Sony Bravia 40" KDL40EX400, 2 Vizio 37" E370VL
Directv subscriber since 1995
Xbox 360 Elite, 2 PS3, Nintendo Wii

#5 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

Am not getting 630 as HD here (Atlanta), only 630-1.
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#6 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

I used to be a rocket scientist

• Registered
  • 12,137 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:24 AM

Yes, it's 630-1. I'm very curious as to what will actually be carried in HD on this channel. I don't generally watch any RSN's but I might be convinced to change that if the content is there.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#7 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

Yes, it's 630-1. I'm very curious as to what will actually be carried in HD on this channel. I don't generally watch any RSN's but I might be convinced to change that if the content is there.

Games only in HD, that's why it's a dash-1 channel

#8 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

• Registered
  • 12,137 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

[/LIST]

Games only in HD, that's why it's a dash-1 channel

Um, yes. I know it's games only on this channel. That's not necessarily why it's a -1 channel, however. That just means it's a separate feed from the main channel (see, e.g., HGTV HD on 229-1 and Food Network HD on 231-1).

What I meant was, once I see what games will be carried, I might start watching now that it will be in HD. For that matter, the same goes for Sports South HD.

Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#9 OFFLINE   fvmojoman

fvmojoman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

Hopefully some Predator games, Lefty!

#10 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

• Registered
  • 12,137 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:27 AM

Hopefully some Predator games, Lefty!

That would rock. Now if I could just find an inflatable mascot to bounce around in the corner and make some fresh funnel cakes to go with my beer, it would be just like Nashville Knights games at the old "Flying Saucer" downtown . . . :lol:

Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#11 OFFLINE   Gary*W*

Gary*W*

Legend

• Registered
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:08 AM

Here's another person hoping for some Preds games in HD!

#12 OFFLINE   luttrell7263

luttrell7263

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:21 AM

I would love to see some Preds games in HD, but D* blocks even though I live in KY! I doubt that will change now, but I'll be hoping anyway.

#13 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:34 AM

I would love to see some Preds games in HD, but D* blocks even though I live in KY! I doubt that will change now, but I'll be hoping anyway.

In the interest of correctly placing blame, that would be an NHL block.

#14 OFFLINE   luttrell7263

luttrell7263

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

I don't know "who" it is, but the games are on cables FSN South. When I called, the csr told me that "they must be showing the game illegally". It happened every game so far this year. D* lists my zip as getting the Preds in the sports pak. I did get to see them on FSN Ohio (both games).

#15 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:07 PM

I'm guessing here, but if you subscribe to the Sports Pack, FSN South should be your secondary which would mean you'd see Predators games. If that's the case, any Predators game that FSN South broadcasts, you should see it. Of course, this is also assuming that the Shelbyville area is listed as your mailing address with Directv.

You may try resetting your receiver to see if that clears up the problem (sounds odd, but it might actually help) and if not, there is definitely a problem on Directv's end.

#16 OFFLINE   luttrell7263

luttrell7263

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:41 PM

Yep, you're exactly right. I have reset everything a few times. I've called a few times. I do indeed live in Shelbyville. I gave up after the csr told me that the cable company was "breaking the law". I did try to speak with a supervisor, but she wouldn't let me. Things got worst after that. The family love the movie channels, so now I'm stuck now. Otherwise, I'd drop the Preimer pack & get my CI back. I'm not do'n both if I'm not go'n to get what I'm pay'n for now. Thanks anyway though.

#17 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

So far every HD game on this channel has been blacked out in Eastern NC

#18 OFFLINE   2scoops

2scoops

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:54 AM

Yep, I don't understand the purpose of these channel's. I have called Directv 2 different times and it obivious no one you talk with understands it either. I certainly have no intentions to keep paying for this pack when everything is blacked out. Maybe some one can explain who gets to watch the games on these channel's. :confused:

#19 OFFLINE   Crypter

Crypter

Godfather

• Registered
  • 454 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:26 AM

Yep, I don't understand the purpose of these channel's. I have called Directv 2 different times and it obivious no one you talk with understands it either. I certainly have no intentions to keep paying for this pack when everything is blacked out. Maybe some one can explain who gets to watch the games on these channel's. :confused:

It's pretty simple. To watch HD games on these channels that are OUT OF YOUR MARKET you need to subscribe to the Sports Subscriptions of your choice. For example I subscribe to NBALP and MLBEI so when there is an HD game on the sub channel I will be able to watch it. The one caviat is that the respective league will usually blackout the away teams broadcast and only allow you to watch the home teams broadcast. There are some exceptions to this but not many.

Personally I wish that all leagues would allow all out of market cutomers to watch any feed they want. I understand forcing the in-market customers to watch their own teams broadcast. But why force out of market customer to watch a specific feed? We should have the choice of which feed we want to watch. Especially since we are out of market, I mean I would like to watch my teams feed every time (unless they are not HD and another HD feed is available).

I think this is the sentiment with most people on here and probably most subscribers in general would agree with me.

#20 OFFLINE   swans

swans

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

It was in 720p.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...