Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: FSN South HD (630)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rubbernecker

Rubbernecker

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:37 PM

I am still confused by this channel...I wanted to watch the Oklahoma football game this weekend. It was in HD on the channels that were out of my area, but since 630 was showing the game i figured 631 would as well, but that was not the case, it was only shown in SD on 630. What gives?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dan8379

dan8379

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:58 AM

I am still confused by this channel...I wanted to watch the Oklahoma football game this weekend. It was in HD on the channels that were out of my area, but since 630 was showing the game i figured 631 would as well, but that was not the case, it was only shown in SD on 630. What gives?

I wondered this as well...it appears that 630-1 is ONLY for pro games. I think that you can go to one of the other HD regional channels, though, and watch the college games. (for instance I watched part of the OU game on 647 in HD--although I have the Sports Pack.) I think if it's the same game that you have on your RSN then you can watch the HD version on a different RSN.

#23 OFFLINE   lifelong

lifelong

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:45 AM

I wondered this as well...it appears that 630-1 is ONLY for pro games. I think that you can go to one of the other HD regional channels, though, and watch the college games. (for instance I watched part of the OU game on 647 in HD--although I have the Sports Pack.) I think if it's the same game that you have on your RSN then you can watch the HD version on a different RSN.

When I had comcast service here in Atlanta, I would be able to see the HD Big 12 or Pac 10 football games carried on FSN. I did not subscribe to their sports pack. Comcast would just show it on the INHD channel 876, just as they did for pro games on FSN South available in HD. They basically used the INHD channel as the "dash 1" channel by putting FSN HD content on it.

I assumed the same would be the case with DirecTV. This is a huge negative in my opinion. I didn't check this past weekend, but the weekend before that, there was a Big 12 game on 630 but no HD on 630-1; however, the game was available in HD in other markets in HD. In Atlanta I would have gotten this game in HD on Comcast.

#24 OFFLINE   dan8379

dan8379

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:01 PM

When I had comcast service here in Atlanta, I would be able to see the HD Big 12 or Pac 10 football games carried on FSN. I did not subscribe to their sports pack. Comcast would just show it on the INHD channel 876, just as they did for pro games on FSN South available in HD. They basically used the INHD channel as the "dash 1" channel by putting FSN HD content on it.

I assumed the same would be the case with DirecTV. This is a huge negative in my opinion. I didn't check this past weekend, but the weekend before that, there was a Big 12 game on 630 but no HD on 630-1; however, the game was available in HD in other markets in HD. In Atlanta I would have gotten this game in HD on Comcast.

Next time this happens try channel 647 (or one of the other HD regional channels). You may be able to see the game in HD on that channel.

#25 OFFLINE   lifelong

lifelong

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Next time this happens try channel 647 (or one of the other HD regional channels). You may be able to see the game in HD on that channel.

I did try that and I got "channel not purchased." I don't have premier or the sports pack. Does this work for you?

#26 OFFLINE   dan8379

dan8379

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:20 AM

I did try that and I got "channel not purchased." I don't have premier or the sports pack. Does this work for you?

It does, but it must be because I have the Sports Pack. I thought that if 630 was showing the same game as 647 that you would be able to watch the HD version on 647 even without the Sports Pack. I must have been mistaken. If so that's one big benefit of having the Sports Pack.

#27 OFFLINE   lifelong

lifelong

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:22 AM

It does, but it must be because I have the Sports Pack. I thought that if 630 was showing the same game as 647 that you would be able to watch the HD version on 647 even without the Sports Pack. I must have been mistaken. If so that's one big benefit of having the Sports Pack.

A poster in the General Discussion area said he got the HD feed on channel 94. I guess I'll check that this weekend, if there are even any games left on FSN.

#28 OFFLINE   lifelong

lifelong

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

If you look at the FSN South HD schedule here:
http://msn.foxsports...name/HD#FSSouth
it appears they are expanding their schedule *slightly* beyond just pro games. FSN Final Score, BCS Ratings Show, and Best Damn Sports Show appear on the HD schedule. It isn't very compelling stuff, and we don't know if it will actually be in HD (for example, Hawks Live is not in HD), so we'll have to wait and see.

#29 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

I just tuned into the game on channel 630-1.The PQ looks very good and the audio appears to be in sync at this time.
One interesting note:The game on this channel is being broadcast in 720p,according to our HR20-700.I noticed the game between the Dodgers and Reds last night on FSN Cincinnati HD (638-1) was broadcast in 1080i.It looks like the FSN channels are broadcasting with varying signals.Has anyone else noticed this?

Steve

Protected By... spam firewall...And...