Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L4.45 Software Experiences/Bugs Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

Please use this thread to discuss your experiences and any bugs found with L4.45 for the ViP622/ViP722.

Here are the release notes, just a few bug fixes: http://www.dbstalk.c...d.php?p=1207561
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   smooth28la

smooth28la

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

It seems like the update 'broke' my receiver.

In the 'status' receiver, there's a problem with turner 1 of my 622 for some reason on the 'detail' screen.

I had to leave for work real quickly but I did start a external hard drive transfer of 2 shows before I left. I will check again when I get home to see if it needs to be RA'ed.

This 622 is one of the earliest unit with defective HDMI. I never got around swapping out.

#3 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:17 AM

I have my ViP622 receivers sharing a modem remotely through DishCOMM. I discovered that all ViP622 receivers were removed from the DishCOMM list. I had to add them back. Having restored them, they seem to work normally when set to remote.

#4 OFFLINE   Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

Geez, I'm not sure if I ever got 4.44. Last time I checked my s/f version I only had 4.43, and that was just about a week ago, or so.
END OF LINE

#5 OFFLINE   shamrock84

shamrock84

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

Up on 4.45 with my 722 and working great!
--
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

#6 OFFLINE   dave1234

dave1234

Icon

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

No issues so far with 4.45 on my 622.

#7 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

WHats it do? I 've seen no release notes yet.

#8 OFFLINE   krazy k

krazy k

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:31 PM

Got it hear.
Noticed the power down while transferring non responsive bug is gone.
Yippy

#9 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:23 AM

WHats it do? I 've seen no release notes yet.

I don't have them yet, as soon as I get them I'll post. Based on my own observations it would seem it's mostly fixes, but we'll see when I get the notes.
Rob

#10 OFFLINE   Dicx

Dicx

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

Just got my Dish 722 installed 30 minutes ago. Came with 4.44 software. FYI. About 2 hours into use I powered down, upon powering up 445 was installed.

#11 OFFLINE   redbird

redbird

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

I have my ViP622 receivers sharing a modem remotely through DishCOMM. I discovered that all ViP622 receivers were removed from the DishCOMM list. I had to add them back. Having restored them, they seem to work normally when set to remote.

Since they added Dishcomm, every update since then has broken it and I have to play with it to get my caller ID to work again. I'm re-connecting the phone line.

#12 OFFLINE   Bionic Squirrel

Bionic Squirrel

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

my schedule is no longer skipping events that are already on my 722, even events that were previously set to be skipped a few days ago and that are already on my DVR are now set to record. Tried resetting it and tried check switch to download new guide info.

Not a huge problem but kinda annoying, pretty sure I got 445 yesterday and thats when this started.

*edit -- works fine now 3 days later, not sure what changed, maybe a hotfix patch if E* even does that kind of thing.

#13 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:58 AM

Received L4.45 last night. SO far, I see no problems. If or when somrthing arises, I will post it.
Smackman THE KING OF SMACK: Dish Customer since 2000
VIP 722

#14 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:33 PM

I have noticed that since this software downloaded to my 722 that I have been having problems with my ota. I record on my ota ABc station each Mon-Friday Good Morning America, THe View, ALL My Children, One LIfe to Live, then the 5:00pm news, World News, then the 6:00pm news. I have been having problems getting the sat side to wake up once I turn off of the ota station. Today when I was through watching a recorded show off of my ota abc , I tried to tune to a sat station and it flashed the countdown screen of 1-5 for satellite. No matter which station tried to tune to on sat I got the screen. So I had to do a system reset: unplug the receiver and reboot. I have had to do this for 2 days in a row now. I also noticed today when I tried to tune to another ota station on NBC I got low signal strength then the yellow sign lost ota signal. A power button reboot brought this one back. A system switch message flashed a couple of times today also . THis is all new since L 4.45.

#15 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

I have noticed that since this software downloaded to my 722 that I have been having problems with my ota...

I'm in Nashville, and I have had the same problem since L4.45. I also had it PRE 4.44, but NOT with 4.44. It's primarily with the NBC affiliate, which has the least strong OTA signal strength (80-85).

#16 OFFLINE   tomcrown1

tomcrown1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

I got the buggy L445 and know my OTA channels fade in and out were before I always got a signal strength between 90 to 100%.

Now I got signal strength between 60 to 80 %.

this sucks I hope Dish will release L5.00 with no bugs.
Welcome to Dish the new AT&T

:) life is to to to short so be???

#17 OFFLINE   An-Echo-Star

An-Echo-Star

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:42 AM

It seems like the update 'broke' my receiver.

In the 'status' receiver, there's a problem with turner 1 of my 622 for some reason on the 'detail' screen.

I had to leave for work real quickly but I did start a external hard drive transfer of 2 shows before I left. I will check again when I get home to see if it needs to be RA'ed.

This 622 is one of the earliest unit with defective HDMI. I never got around swapping out.

My HDMI port died after six months
NESNHD PLEASE!

#18 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

My HDMI port died after six months

About how long mine lasted as well.
Rob

#19 OFFLINE   bnwtrout

bnwtrout

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

What changes were made in L445?? Maybe your problems have nothing to do with update.

I think folks just start looking for things that don't seem to be right just after an update. Until we know what the update was allegedly fixing.... one shouldn't just assume it affected something non related.

#20 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:27 PM

What changes were made in L445?? Maybe your problems have nothing to do with update.

I think folks just start looking for things that don't seem to be right just after an update. Until we know what the update was allegedly fixing.... one shouldn't just assume it affected something non related.

I didn't "look" for anything... it started happening with the download of 4.45 (I didn't even know about 4.45 when I noticed the problem) and I didn't have to even TRY to see it, thankyouverymuch... regardless of what you believe "folks" behavior to be...

spam firewall