Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help with HR20-100 or esata

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sroh

sroh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

Hey guys,
I have the 100, and a new WD 750GB esata drive, and a Kingwin enclosure.

Last week, I was hooked up to the external and had no issues. This past weekend, I switched over to the internal to watch the stuff I had recorded previously and had no issues. Last night, I switched back over to the external. It took several tries to recognize the external but finally did. This morning, I started to have issues with live tv not pausing or rewinding and when I tried to watch recorded shows, I got the black screen with the delete message.

To try to recreate and identify the issue, I've rebooted several times with both the internal and external. The problem is, they both seem to be working fine now. I did have a problem initially recognizing the external drive. It seems that the drive wasn't spinning when it was turned on. I could hear the fan but not the drive. Once the drive started to spin, I was able to see and watch the previous recordings again.

The problem might be the enclosure. To those with the Kingwin enclosure, does it have a light on the front of the enclosure, next to the on/off button? It looks like there is one, but mine has never turned on.

Do you have any other suggestions? I'm going out of town for a week starting on Thursday and would REALLY like to get this fixed before I leave.

TIA!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   sroh

sroh

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

Ok, I just confirmed through newegg that the Kingwin enclosure does indeed have a blue LED that should light up. So I'm guessing (and hoping, since this will be the easiest fix) I need to replace the enclosure.

I will probably pick one up locally later today. Which big box stores do you recommend? Fry's, Best Buy, CompUSA, other? Any recs on which ones? I'd like one that can lay horizontally and has good heat management (a fan).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...