Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Manual recurring recordings not added to todo list, inq

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chris_h

chris_h

Mentor/Supporter

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

I have done my due diligence and searched quite a bit, but I did not come up with anything worthwhile. I have only had my hr20 for a few days, so maybe this is something everyone "just knows" except for me.

I had already setup my manual recurring recordings for NFL football (two 10 am Sunday PT, two 1:00 pm Sunday PT, and one 5:00 pm Sunday PT) on the mpeg4 LIL channels. Around 11:30 am Sunday, after having watched a portion of each of the 10 am games, I deciced I was not happy with the PQ on the mpeg4 LIL channels (they were much better via mpeg2 OTA on my hr10) so I decided to change all my recordings over to the OTA channels. I deleted the 5 manual recordings and added them back in (set to the OTA channels of course). These are the top 5 items in my prioritizer list, so I had to move them up there.

When I checked the "todo" list, none of the recordings were listed there. I could understand the hr20 skipping the two (10 am games) that had already passed the start time, but it did not even show any of the other three. I gave it a good 10 minutes to populate the todo list prior to adding the recordings manually in via the guide.

Does this behavior by the hr20 make sense to you veterans? Does the todo list only populate once an hour or something like that?

Thanks in advance
Chris

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:25 AM

I have done my due diligence and searched quite a bit, but I did not come up with anything worthwhile. I have only had my hr20 for a few days, so maybe this is something everyone "just knows" except for me.

I had already setup my manual recurring recordings for NFL football (two 10 am Sunday PT, two 1:00 pm Sunday PT, and one 5:00 pm Sunday PT) on the mpeg4 LIL channels. Around 11:30 am Sunday, after having watched a portion of each of the 10 am games, I deciced I was not happy with the PQ on the mpeg4 LIL channels (they were much better via mpeg2 OTA on my hr10) so I decided to change all my recordings over to the OTA channels. I deleted the 5 manual recordings and added them back in (set to the OTA channels of course). These are the top 5 items in my prioritizer list, so I had to move them up there.

When I checked the "todo" list, none of the recordings were listed there. I could understand the hr20 skipping the two (10 am games) that had already passed the start time, but it did not even show any of the other three. I gave it a good 10 minutes to populate the todo list prior to adding the recordings manually in via the guide.

Does this behavior by the hr20 make sense to you veterans? Does the todo list only populate once an hour or something like that?

Thanks in advance

I am having this problem too. Did you every find out a solution or more info?

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:27 AM

Thanks in advance

I just waited a day and my problem just like this fixed itself like magic. Go figure

#4 OFFLINE   chris_h

chris_h

Mentor/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

As near as I can figure, it is a bug in the way the prioritizer firmware is coded. The design team put higher priority on returning control to the user than actually recording the items requested. It would be nice if they would give you a "calculate todo list now, this may take xx minutes" option. In returning control, there should be a message to the effect of "the PVR may or may not record your shows for the next day."

I still don't have any confirmation from the experts or veterans on this. I think they are too busy playing with their CE releases to help newbies.

Oh well.
Chris

Protected By... spam firewall...And...