Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Warning - Do Not Buy from American Satellite SUCCESSFUL RESOLUTION

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wedgecon

Wedgecon

AllStar/Supporter

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 02:39 PM

The Hard Disk in my DirecTivo died after a couple of weeks and I called them on Monday to get a replacement. They setup a RMA where they would send me out a new unit and I ship them the old one back. They told me that I would get a shipping confirmation number and receive the new unit in 3-5 Business Days. I thought all was well except when I could not get the tracking number so I would know when it was going to arrive. They charged my VISA full price for a new unit with the understanding that I would be credited when I sent the old one back. Every time I called and asked for the tracking number I was told that my package had shipped and the person up updates the ordering system with tracking numbers was sick so when he came back they would update me. I finally called again this morning and they admitted due to several problems that my order had not shipped yet. The best I was able to get was a shipping option that should get me my replacement by Wednesday.

I tried to talk them into shipping overnight but they refused. I do not think it is too much to ask for since they have over $400.00 of my money and I still do not have a working DirecTivo.

I am going to recommend that everybody stop buying from American Satellite until they learn what customer service is. I know mistakes happen, but the total unwillingness to do anything about it is what upsets me. It would not have cost that much to send me a new unit overnight so I can get it setup in time to for Feb Sweeps. If enough people cancel orders or do not place new orders maybe they will get the message and improve things so others do not have to go through this.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 02:47 PM

Call Visa and have them charge the money back. That will get American Satellites attention.

#3 OFFLINE   raj2001

raj2001

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 929 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 02:51 PM

Hmmm.. I've heard of cross exchange RMA from other companies where they just take your credit card info but don't charge anything. It's strange that they charged you.

#4 Guest_boba_*

Guest_boba_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:00 PM

Why not just forget American Satellite and go directly to the manufacturer, you moght get a better response.

#5 OFFLINE   HarryD

HarryD

Icon

• Registered
  • 597 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:32 PM

I beg to differ. I ordered a RCA recv from them and it showed up at my house with a big hole in the box (exactly where the infrared eye is). I hooked it up and sure as can be, remote didn't work. I called them and they quickly shipped out a replacement and contacted UPS to pick up the damaged recv. Nothing but high marks for them!
UPS, on the other hand, took forever to pick up the damaged recv!!
HarryD

#6 OFFLINE   Wedgecon

Wedgecon

AllStar/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:32 PM

I am considering calling my bank and having the Visa charge disputed. As to Sony, they said if I shipped it to them it takes 30 to 90 days to get it back.

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:33 PM

Wedgecon - I have some contacts at ASE and have asked them to look into this and hopefully come up with an acceptable solution.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#8 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:38 PM

PM me your name & phone number - I'm on the line with ASE right now. (4:38 pm EST)
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#9 OFFLINE   Wedgecon

Wedgecon

AllStar/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:51 PM

I have sent the Info..Thanks agian for your help Mark..

#10 OFFLINE   Wedgecon

Wedgecon

AllStar/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 04:34 PM

Mark was able to work with AmSat and get me my Tivo shipped to me quickly.

#11 OFFLINE   Augie #70

Augie #70

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 04:56 PM

Squeaky wheel get the oil .

#12 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 05:07 PM

Its all about who you know.... :D

#13 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 05:11 PM

Very cool Mark good job! I love it when we actually can help people with their problems! Thats what running this place is all about! :)

Enjoy your DirecTivo Wedgecon! Thanks for visiting DBSTalk.COM!

#14 OFFLINE   Frapp

Frapp

Icon

• Registered
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Wedgecon
Mark was able to work with AmSat and get me my Tivo shipped to me quickly.

Well, I am glad to hear that if I purchase from AMSAT they will take good care of my order and offer me prompt service as long as someone who knows them ( like Mark ) speaks to them :confused: :confused: :confused:

God I love brick and mortar electronic stores :righton:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...