Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official December 10th Charlie Chat thread

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2001 - 11:42 AM

Well, here we go with another Charlie Chat. Please keep all discussion and summaries in this thread. Any guesses on what Charlie will say tonight that we don't already know?

Charlie Chat
Monday, December 10, 2001
9:00 p.m. eastern time live
Broadcast time: 1 hour
Channel: #101, #989,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2001 - 02:21 PM

I really wish that they would at least announce 1 or 2 good channel additions that all customers will be able to have in the basic package but I get the feeling all it will be is a merger talk and locals talk.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2001 - 07:01 PM

I wonder if Charlie will anounce that ABC Family and ESPN Classics are being dropped.

I hope he has 2 channels to replace them with. I must admit I have been enjoying ABC's 25 days of Christmas.

I feel really sorry for TNGTONY as I expect there will be a tun of channel announcements for all the must carries they are adding. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up. I hope its not his dart night. :)

I use to like the Charlie Chats but now I spend most of my time watching them screaming the word bullcrap (ok not crap) every time Charlie says something for which I know is totaly false. Its scarry sometimes that I know more of what going on at Dish then their own CEO does.

And how much I hate it when someone calls and asks for Muchmusic and Charlie says "Hmm never heard of that channel before, your one of the first to request it" That drives me NUTS!

Ok enough of that almost Chat Time!

Scott

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2001 - 07:07 PM

Just tuned to 101, anyone else feel that elevator music is annoying? E* please bring back DNN?

Steve

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2001 - 07:15 PM

I also wish they would bring DNN back, (and bring it back with the old opening not the newer bingo call opening!)

Dish Needs something that tells everyone what is going on.

DirecTV's CUstomer Info channel is great, Dish could do this with no problem.

I don't know if you have ever seen channel 999 which is the DIsh Network Dealer Info Channel, its very well done, I hope they can do the same for their customers.

Scott

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2001 - 09:58 AM

Well, the chat was full of some good information but I wonder about the claims made on the show. For instance, won't the DirecTV users have to change out receivers? That's over 10 million subscribers. And what about the name of the new company. Isn't it going to be Echostar's DirecTV? Where did the "New" Echostar come from?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...