Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R15-100 0x1092 Discussion / Issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rpjones68

rpjones68

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

It updated to 0x1092 overnight, and now the time is set to 5 hrs ahead of EDT where I am and guide is all jacked up? :confused: Any ideas? Thanks
Equipment:Slimline Dish
Family Room: 1 HR20-700 0x0393|Component|Optical|Net-Powerline 200 Mbps|1080i Mitsubishi WS4811|Denon AVR-3801|
Master Bedroom: R15-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sackett

Sackett

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:37 AM

This has happened to me before this upgrade. It has happened at least 3 times for me and the only thing you can do is reset it. I have called them on it and they do not know why as the zipcode and time zones in the setup did not change.

#3 OFFLINE   rpjones68

rpjones68

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:40 AM

This has happened to me before this upgrade. It has happened at least 3 times for me and the only thing you can do is reset it. I have called them on it and they do not know why as the zipcode and time zones in the setup did not change.

That did the trick. Weird Thanks
Family Room: 1 HR20-700 0x0393|Component|Optical|Net-Powerline 200 Mbps|1080i Mitsubishi WS4811|Denon AVR-3801|

#4 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:04 AM

It updated to 0x1092 overnight, and now the time is set to 5 hrs ahead of EDT where I am and guide is all jacked up? Any ideas? Thanks

My Brother-in-law is having the same problem. Is there any fix to this yet?

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:08 AM

R15-100 : 0x1092

Version 0x1092 is now a national release for the system.
Release notes can be found at: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=105401

#6 OFFLINE   rpjones68

rpjones68

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

My Brother-in-law is having the same problem. Is there any fix to this yet?

Just have him reset it and it'll correct

#7 OFFLINE   Mark20

Mark20

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:10 PM

I've seen this with real short power outages, long enough to let the reset hit but seems to leave some stuff behind in memory. Pulling the plug for 30 seconds is the solution.
-- Mark

1 HR24-100
1 R15-100

"They'll take my DVR from me when they pry it from my cold dead fingers."

#8 OFFLINE   Mark20

Mark20

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

OK noticed an issue...

I've seen this on the previous national release also. Fast forward at setting 2 and sometimes the image updates stop. Hit play and it picks up later than where you saw the image stop updating. You can then continue fast forward if you want.

This does not happen every time.

I haven't rebotted the receivers since the update. Maybe tonight.
-- Mark

1 HR24-100
1 R15-100

#9 OFFLINE   Nomo1

Nomo1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:16 AM

What about the R15 500 running 0x115C? Will that be able to receive DOD?

#10 OFFLINE   rochrunner

rochrunner

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

I didn't realize how non-optimal the original menu colors were until this new release was installed. It really is a whole lot easier to read and just looks much brighter.

#11 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

What about the R15 500 running 0x115C? Will that be able to receive DOD?

No... No R15 will be ble to receive DoD
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#12 OFFLINE   xde18

xde18

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

No... No R15 will be ble to receive DoD

What is DOD? I'm not sure what it is

#13 OFFLINE   USAOver50

USAOver50

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:41 AM

What is DOD? I'm not sure what it is

DirecTV on Demand

Start with this link for info: dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=96052

On Topic: I like the new look. My wife does not. Imagine that!!

#14 OFFLINE   polbit

polbit

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

I noticed a couple of small things:

1. Some dates in the List don't show fully. Like Wed, 10/12/... A little annoying, and something that should never have been released...

2. Seems a LOT snappier than before, and the remote response is great.

3. The colors... I wish there was a way to have themes... On one of my TV, the new colors look great. On another, they are way too bright, and are blurry (can't reduce brightness without missing half of what's going on :)

#15 OFFLINE   guildjw

guildjw

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

I got mine SW upgraded last weekend aroudn 3 AM. Also had the time issue easily fixed.

Now the bad news, since the upgrade I have encounted 4 programs that recorded and were corrupted and would not play all the way through, one totally locked up my system and I had to remove the power cord to reboot. The other three simply played a few minuteds of the program (although it said it recorded all the program) but went to the do you want to delete screen after only a few minutes or simply stopped playing and showed a black screen.

I DID NOT HAVE THESE ISSES BEFORE THE UPGRADE

I also agree the colors, on my 60 inch Hitachi they are way to bright the colors blurred especially the hideous orange timeline (what 1st grader picked these colors!). I would have preffered an off white as opposed to the bright white text, The old screens were better IMO, these new ones look like a bad VGA screen displayed on a TV set and no way to change them. Their developers may want to test their color and menu screens on actual large screen tv's before going final, a computer screen is not he same as a large screen TV.

Yes the menus are faster but other then that I dont see this as a more stable or big step forward type release based on the number of corrupted recordings it has produced so far and poor menu color and font changes.

I know have a DVR which I cannot be confident of making good recordings with this new sofware and which is now annoying to use when menus and timelines are popped up on he screen. Hence its being moved to my office where I have a smaller 20 inch screen and use the unit more for watching the news while I work.

My DTV Tivo R10 is now back in the main room. TGF Tivo.

IMO Swing and a miss DTV.....

#16 OFFLINE   qwerty

qwerty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:35 AM

Now the bad news, since the upgrade I have encounted 4 programs that recorded and were corrupted and would not play all the way through, one totally locked up my system and I had to remove the power cord to reboot. The other three simply played a few minuteds of the program (although it said it recorded all the program) but went to the do you want to delete screen after only a few minutes or simply stopped playing and showed a black screen.

I DID NOT HAVE THESE ISSES BEFORE THE UPGRADE

This problem has been around for quite a while. It seems to come and go in frequency, though.
You can try starting those shows and holding the skip button for 3 sec's to jump to ~30 sec's before the end of the show. Then rewind. Don't rewind past the point where it "stops", or it will just stop again.
Not an elegant solution, but if you really want to watch those shows...

#17 OFFLINE   Mark20

Mark20

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:10 AM

The issue I noticed may not be one. My daughter was forwarding through something and I noticed the picture changes pick back up. It may have been a long unchanging scene or the DVR did pause in its fast forwarding but kept track of where it was. I'll have to watch for it again.
-- Mark

1 HR24-100
1 R15-100

#18 OFFLINE   Tom Dibble

Tom Dibble

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

This update is horrible. The receiver is no longer able to pause unless the show is recording. Seems like a lot of people are aving trouble with this update, but I haven't seen this particular issue crop up.

Also, the other night we had recorded an early airing of a show on the History Channel, and were about half-way through watching the recorded show, when the receiver suddenly jumped over to the exact same spot in the "live" show (which was about 30 seconds behind "live"). Seems to have been a coincidence that it went to the same spot in the live show, but ... well, it was kinda freaky, and either way, it did things by itself that it shouldn't have. We've noticed a lot of flakiness when the channels are changed too (moving back to previous channels immediately).

One particular unique factor here is that although there are two tuners in the box, we only have one of them hooked up to the dish.

Anyone else having recording problems and other general flakiness after the update?

#19 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:18 PM

A Lot of people? Given the volume of R15's out there... and the number of posts....

But anyway:
Try a simple reboot of the system, to see if clears up the issues you are having.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#20 OFFLINE   Mark20

Mark20

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

I know pause works on live TV since I've used it a bunch of times since the update. I have not rebooted/unplugged the receivers since the update. Though I want to for good measure, there just hasn't been a compelling reason. Maybe my test should be to see how long I can go before I have to reboot. Neither one is on a UPS so the electric company may make the test moot.

Is this the be all and end all update? Myself and a bunch of other people will say no. But overall I have been very pleased with my R-15's.
-- Mark

1 HR24-100
1 R15-100

spam firewall