Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Recording

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CDeLuise

CDeLuise

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:44 PM

Hello folks.. Newbie to this forum

I'll be making the switch from TiVo to a HR20 and I have a question about recording.

Does this DVR have a auto wake up to record a show if the DVR is off or do you just miss the recording? I have a Harmony 880 and want to know if I need to program the HR20 to stay on all the time or not.

Thanks in advance for the feedback

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 ONLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:48 PM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk

When you hit the power button your only putting the unit in stand by. All that does it turn the front panel lights off and the A/V outputs off.

#3 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:57 PM

As BMoreRavens said, there is no need to worry about the state of the HR20. If in stand by("off"), it will still record. If left on, it will prompt for a channel change and if not answered, will automatically change and record.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...