Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20-100 and remote for ViewSonic TV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mertzf

mertzf

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

I thought I would ask: I have had the receiver for a bit, and was hoping to just use the supplied remote to control both the receiver (RF, in a closet) and the TV (IR). None of the codes listed under the "viewsonic" brand under the TV part of the remote programming seem to work for me. Anybody happens to know if the TV would recognize the codes of another brand? Otherwise, any programmable remote out there that anybody has had good luck with?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:55 PM

the newer rc64 has a few more viewsonic codes then previous remotes, give the philips codes a try.
aka Tivoburkee

#3 OFFLINE   jdoug

jdoug

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:59 PM

Try this http://www.ezremote....ctSelection.php

#4 OFFLINE   dmk679

dmk679

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

Which Viewsonic TV do you have? I have a N3751W and the RC64 has codes for this model.

#5 OFFLINE   mertzf

mertzf

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

You guys rock. It works now (viewsonic N3251w). Happy camper, no more hunting remotes for me...

#6 OFFLINE   Bly

Bly

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

I thought I would ask: I have had the receiver for a bit, and was hoping to just use the supplied remote to control both the receiver (RF, in a closet) and the TV (IR). None of the codes listed under the "viewsonic" brand under the TV part of the remote programming seem to work for me. Anybody happens to know if the TV would recognize the codes of another brand? Otherwise, any programmable remote out there that anybody has had good luck with?

Thought I'd throw $.02 in here... new newst viewsonic, like my N3735W use Phillips codes... 10054 worked for me.
HR20-700 with 750 internal Sata
H20-600 (for PIP only)
Direct Tivo upgraded to 240 gig..
RR Teleworker Business Internet 10x1.5 Mbps... come on VOD!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...