Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

eSATA RAID-0 Enclsoure for 2TB+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   aleicgrant

aleicgrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:37 AM

actually, I went down to Bestbuy to pick up the drives because I didnt want to deal with any issues with drives from ebay, and to my surprise they rang up at $259.99 and I had a 12% off coupon. Can you say STEAL

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   aleicgrant

aleicgrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

I can confirm the same. 312 hours of HD recording here I come..

#23 OFFLINE   ITSec_Guy

ITSec_Guy

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 63 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

I can confirm the same. 312 hours of HD recording here I come..

Which part are you confirming?!

#24 OFFLINE   aleicgrant

aleicgrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:54 PM

that like you the 2tb and the RS-M2TS work like a charm

#25 OFFLINE   tombet

tombet

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:45 PM

What is Fleabay? It requires a username and password....

Are you sure that this is for the 0A35155 version? There are multiple editions of the 1TB Hitachi... The 0A35155 is the only one I would recommend... Being on the cutting edge of technology, but the second-generation always fixes the woes of the first! There are a lot more instances of the earlier edition burning up...

It is entirely possible you are right that they have done a slip stream later revision, but Hitachi GST support claims at least that both part numbers are for the identical drive. I asked the question to them and this is the response I got:

The 2 part numbers you are referring to 0A34193 and 0A35155 are both HDS721010KLA330 and as such, are identical.

That said, manufacturers do slip stream revisions routinely, because they don't want to deal with their distribution chain returning a bunch of merchandise. However, I have not found any real evidence that the two part numbers are NOT identical drives. If you know this for sure, I am interested.

#26 OFFLINE   ITSec_Guy

ITSec_Guy

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 63 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for the back-up confirmation on the RS-M2TS. The only problem I see with this enclosure (for me anyways) is that it is SO SMALL and compact that you can't really tinker with it...

I am going to have to buy another one from Cool Drives and rip it apart (I don't want to risk the one I currently have). A few mods here and there, a new case... It's going to take awhile... but I assure you that I will post my findings once I have them... Give me a month or two.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...