Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Forced Download of VOD Not Working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrcon0728

mrcon0728

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:07 PM

I tried to force this download to access the new VOD channels with no success. I entered 02468, and the receiver found the update and the receiver appeared to install it but after the system rebooted the old version was still there not the updated one. I called D* and they told me it might be a bad receiver (HR20-700 DVR), then after reading his notes he told me it said not to replace the receiver at this time and wait for automatic download and do not force it again. Does anyone know why the update is not working properly?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

You can't force the software version.

If it is not available for your area... you can't force it down, during the staggered rollout.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   mrcon0728

mrcon0728

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

Thanks, It would be nice if D* could have given me that answer. I wasted 30 minutes with a Tech Rep and he almost had me send in my receiver for replacement.

#4 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

the beauty of earl, my friend, the beauty of this site and earl...

JHEDA

we miss you EARL

[SIZE="2"]Hr-24
Hr21-700 
Sony kds60a2000 yamaha 750 DD5.1 via components
Samsung DVD player via hdmi..r10 in playroom:)

#5 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:42 AM

You can't force the software version.

If it is not available for your area... you can't force it down, during the staggered rollout.

If it is available in my area, would the reboot>02468 method force the new version?

Don't want to do an reboot it it is not needed.

Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:07 AM

If it is available in my area, would the reboot>02468 method force the new version?

Don't want to do an reboot it it is not needed.

Thanks.

If it is available in your area.... you would already have it.
About 15 minutes after it is available... the HR20 starts to see the announcement in the stream... and downloads it at the next available window (based on your activity on the system itself)

So in the off chance... you think it is in your area... you will have about a 15-30 minute window to get it early by forcing it.

And most of the "expansion" to the update area happen at early hours of the morning.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall