Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How do you use VOD?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GatorDeb

GatorDeb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:49 AM

I heard the HR20 had VOD. I have the HD DVR package. I heard something about channel 1000 but I don't have it. So how do I use it?

Thanks! :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:47 AM

I heard the HR20 had VOD. I have the HD DVR package. I heard something about channel 1000 but I don't have it. So how do I use it?

Thanks! :)

:welcome_s to DBSTalk

What HR20 do you have (-700 or -100)?

You need to have software version 0x1B4 and you need to have your unit networked. Once you have both you just need to wait for DirecTV to activate you.

0x1B4 is right now on a staggered national release for the -700 and there is also a lot of us on a CE version of it.

The -100 only has a CE version so far.

If you don't know what CE is please visit the Cutting Edge forum and you will find all the information about it.

#3 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:33 AM

I don't. Not enough HD content.
- Matt

#4 OFFLINE   GatorDeb

GatorDeb

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:36 AM

I have the 100. I have 0X18a.

By networked do I need anything special or do I just hook up the ethernet port on the back to my router?

I tried searching both keywords and holding menu and info for 2 secs and that didn't work :(

I'm new to tinkering with this but I've tinkered with a bunch of other stuff so tech talk doesn't scare me and I learn fast :D

Thanks for all the help!

#5 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

I have the 100. I have 0X18a.

By networked do I need anything special or do I just hook up the ethernet port on the back to my router?

I tried searching both keywords and holding menu and info for 2 secs and that didn't work :(

I'm new to tinkering with this but I've tinkered with a bunch of other stuff so tech talk doesn't scare me and I learn fast :D

Thanks for all the help!

Yes you can just run a ethernet cable from your router to the HR20. Then go into the HR20 menu/setup/network and run the network setup.

You need to get a CE software (there is a CE download tonight. Please visit the Cutting Edge forum if you would like to do that.) or wait for your unit to get a national release update. Not sure when it will get a national release update yet.

Once both things above are done you just need to wait for DirecTV to activate you for it.

#6 OFFLINE   GatorDeb

GatorDeb

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

The ethernet ports on the back of the unit have two plastic ethernet cable "heads" (for lack of a better word) and I'm having trouble getting them off. Are they supposed to come off or do I need a special cable?

#7 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

The ethernet ports on the back of the unit have two plastic ethernet cable "heads" (for lack of a better word) and I'm having trouble getting them off. Are they supposed to come off or do I need a special cable?

They should just come right off.

Take the top on of and connect it there.

#8 OFFLINE   GatorDeb

GatorDeb

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:00 PM

I finally got them off with tweezers and having someone holding on to the DVR. Did they have to make them so hard to come off?

Continuing this discussion in the CE thread, please come and help me out, thanks! :D

http://72.9.159.119/...ad.php?t=106709

spam firewall