DBSTalk Forum banner

H20-100: 0x4104 - Issues / Discussion

8K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  Dknow 
#1 ·
HR20-100: 0x4104
Release began 12/17/08.

Release notes:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=147776

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I take it that you mean H20-100? (not HR20-100)......

Anyway, my H20-100 FW is: 0x407A date 7/1/08

How do I get this latest update? I tried the red reset button, but the same FW.

(btw, my HR20-100 did update to the latest after using the red reset button this AM!)

#7 ·
joe221 said:
The first thing I noticed with today's update is 1080P now works for me. I'll also post in the other thread.
1080P?? Ok... I'm curious... Could you explain this in more detail...

#11 ·
Yes I am a CE'er. I had a feeling you mis-read which receiver this release was for.... Remember... CE stuff stays in the CE area....

#12 ·
I've noticed that the program search feature is way slower with 0x4104. Sometimes it'll take several key presses on the remote (yes the remote is transmitting--I can see the blue LED on the receiver blink) for it to start. Once started (picture goes dim) it can take quite a while. The feature was much quicker in the previous firmware.

#13 ·
My H20-100 is still on 0x407A, but all of a sudden the channel up & down are no longer working. manual input of the channel works, but weird. This is the first issue I've had with this receiver. I wonder when the NR will be complete?
p.s. I've done a RBR with no change. maybe I'll try unplugging it ...

#14 ·
It appears mine may be having issues also - overnight last night (when new downloads tend to occur for me), something happened to where the receiver is now rifling through the channels, like someone is pressing the channel up button continuously - tried unplugging, forced software download, reset...doesn't fix it. I then tried to manually enter in a channel, and the receiver's output stops completely - no picture whatsoever...its on, non-responsive.

When I reset, it would give me the blue welcome screen, and once it passed that, nothing at all.

I left it unplugged and came to work. This is a replacement refurbished H20-100 I got in replacement for my H20-600. If this receiver needs replacing, they'd damn well better give me a replacement free of charge or I will be one ticked off hombre.

#16 ·
lakaw said:
My H20-100 is still on 0x407A, but all of a sudden the channel up & down are no longer working. manual input of the channel works, but weird. This is the first issue I've had with this receiver. I wonder when the NR will be complete?
p.s. I've done a RBR with no change. maybe I'll try unplugging it ...
Just to update...

My favorite channel list I created was blank, but still set as default. So channel +/- would not work, but inputting the channel # did. I re-did my favorites and now all is well. :)

Still no NR though...:confused:

...and my H20-100 seems to change channels faster than my HR20-100 or HR20-700...;)

#18 ·
I am also still on 0x407a from 07/09/2008 .... any idea when this NR will actually occur???

I attempted the "Steps in Forcing a Download" per the following instructions...
1. Restart your receiver. Using the remote control, select Menu -> Parental, Fav's & Setup -> System Setup -> Reset -> Restart Recorder.
2. Press the DASH (-) key to confirm.
3. When the reset process starts, the blue LEDs on the front of the receiver will turn off.
4. Once the LEDs on the front of the receiver come back on OR the first blue screen is displayed, whichever occurs first, enter this special code from your remote control: 0 2 4 6 8.
Press the keys deliberately, allowing about 1/2 second per press. Do not hold the keys down. Make sure that you press ONLY the 5 numbers, one at a time, and nothing else. Enter the code once per reboot. After a few more seconds, you should see a screen indicating that the 10-20 minute download cycle has started.

However, after the blue LED lights for POWER and RESOLUTION appear and then entering the special "02468" code, nothing else occurs, even after waiting for up to 5 minutes. I verified the remote is set on IR and the TV Input slide is set to DirecTV.

Would anyone have any thoughts on what I might be doing incorrectly?

#19 ·
Try waiting for the first blue splash screen to come up. The LED may come on before the splash screen and the receiver may not be "ready" to accept remote control inputs.

#20 ·
If you are not on the "to update" list (which D* decides), then you can "02468" until you are blue in the face and it will not make a difference.

I have not yet recieved the update either, and if it was like the previous update, it took over 4 weeks before I got it.

#22 ·
> Has anyone successfully forced a download for this unit?

Yes, me just as I said above.

BTW my unit showed "Future Upgrade:" as "None" before the manual update. Also, after loading 0x4104 the update date/time did not change and is for the last NR (07/08/2008).

#25 ·
I'm pretty new here, so please be kind.

I just got a new H20-100 on Wednesday. It was working great. At one point, a menu popped-up and told me that a software update was available. I downloaded it and it installed/rebooted.

The new UI looks great, but now all of my OTA channels says REGULAR SCHEDULE in the guide. Before the update, these channels were showing the proper guide information. Can this be fixed?

I don't know how to check to see if this is the update that I received, but I assume it is. How do I check?

Thanks in advance,

#26 ·
piratefan2 said:
I'm pretty new here, so please be kind.

I just got a new H20-100 on Wednesday. It was working great. At one point, a menu popped-up and told me that a software update was available. I downloaded it and it installed/rebooted.

The new UI looks great, but now all of my OTA channels says REGULAR SCHEDULE in the guide. Before the update, these channels were showing the proper guide information. Can this be fixed?

I don't know how to check to see if this is the update that I received, but I assume it is. How do I check?

Thanks in advance,
Yor OTA Guide info may take a few hours to update itself;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.