DBSTalk Forum banner

H20-100: 0x4104 - Issues / Discussion

8K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  Dknow 
#1 ·
HR20-100: 0x4104
Release began 12/17/08.

Release notes:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=147776

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

#27 ·
It will not be fixed except for ota channels delivered by DirecTV. Any off your antenna which are not carried by DirecTV will not have guide data as DirecTV no longer allows those channels to use their own data to fill the guide. This went away many many ce's ago. And has annoyed me ever since. For instance, in Buffalo we get many OTA's from Canada and the guide in the H20-100 used to load this data via the channels own data stream but DirecTV decided to ditch this and the Canadian channels no longer show program data.

#29 ·
piratefan2 said:
DirecTV just started offering my local channels in HD on Tuesday, but I haven't ordered them. If I do so, will I be able to see the guide info for my OTA's. Or will I only see guide data for the local HD's from DirecTV?
Only guide data for the local HD's from DirecTV. All other OTA's will have NO guide data.

#31 ·
piratefan2 said:
That's ridiculous on DirecTV's part. Why would they sell a receiver with OTA capability and then block those channels from the guide?
I don't know why they took the H20-100's ability to do this away. It still makes me pissed to this day. It used to be great having all the data now I just browse to see what is on those channels as complaining got nowhere.

#35 ·
ballen2221 said:
I received the update last night I guess, and so far all is well, including all the OTA channels showing properly in the guide.
Both of boxes updated overnight
Box 1 Family room:ALL GOOD:D
Box 2 Master Bedroom (the Primary box on the account)BAD:mad:
Defaulted to channel 200 no other stations came in,Signal strength good on all sats 95+.Did RBR and nothing,Refreshed online 10 minutes later still on channel 200,Unplugged the box for 5 minutes then after reboot my D* locals and ota Gonzo So as a last resort i did a reset everything waited and waited and finally all my programming came back including my locals:D

#36 ·
Concur on lack of screen saver:nono2:

It was the first thing I checked when the reciever came back up after the download......just happened to be watching a 3:13 a.m today when it came down.

While the select button does now allow tuning to an entered channel number it still "dings" making the error sound....but it does tune to the channel.

Does no one check the work of the programmers?????

WTF

#37 ·
Sorry if this has been answered but finally got to my kids play room because they could not change the channels. First thought the kids did something but reset remote did a RBR and power unplug but the remote still does not work with channel up or down, it looks like it brings up the info screen. Even tried a different remote and had the same problem and also on current NR so not sure what to do.

#38 ·
kramer said:
Sorry if this has been answered but finally got to my kids play room because they could not change the channels. First thought the kids did something but reset remote did a RBR and power unplug but the remote still does not work with channel up or down, it looks like it brings up the info screen. Even tried a different remote and had the same problem and also on current NR so not sure what to do.
Check your Channel list. When this happened to me, my list was blank. So channel up / down would not work, but a manual entry of a channel would.

#40 ·
Just received a refurbed H20-100 to replace a fried H20-600. The software updated itself to 0x4104 while I was in the setup process. Two questions--the volume control is really slow and requires repeated key presses to raise or lower the volume; in my H20-600 I could just hold the button down and it would raise or lower accordingly. And, the rf doesn't seem to work on the new remote though I kept the rf antenna from the old unit and tried programming it. Any ideas on how to get the remote to work in rf mode (it's an rc64)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.