Receivers included in this release:
0x03DF: HR20-700 • HR20-100

0x03DE:
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR23-700
R22-200 • R22-100

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=177549

Discussion: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=177552

Remember, of course... please keep all posts to issues only. If you have no issues, or simply want to discuss other issues related to this release, please use the discussion thread.

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

See less See more
#80 ·
Was on 0x03DE for several weeks (CE) without any problems. Got 0x03DF on both HR20-700's in the middle of the night. After a few key presses, remote and front panel became unresponsive on both units. Same thing happened after RBR's on both. Another RBR on 1 seems to have fixed it. Second RBR on other unit didn't. Pulled the plug and am now rebooting.

I don't know what the difference is between the 0x03DE and the special 0x03DF for HR20's is but I am now having problems.

#83 ·
David MacLeod said:
the key is two resets right in a row, it flushes the guide/
we've had corrupt guide data before, black monday in october 2008 caused nationwide reboots :)
Agrees...That's what I did. So far it's working. Other threads are reporting the same problem. Riminds me of McAfee's April update disaster.

#84 ·
Both of my HR20 where unresponsive this morning after getting the update. One powered on showed the new features splash screen clicked ok and locked up no picture. Tried turning on the 2nd HR20 and it would not power on. After two RBR's I seem to be running ok. Have not tried viewing recorded shows yet.

#87 ·
Another data point here:

Woke up this A.M. to my HR20-700's ring of lights shining at me, so I knew there had been a restart. I looked at system info and verified that the unit had updated overnight to 3DF. At that point, it became non-responsive to any keypresses on the remote or front panel (A/V continued to play on just fine). So...did the two consecutive RBRs and it seems to be OK.

Went to check on the second HR20-700. It had also updated overnight, and it also became non-responsive after a few remote button presses. It's currently going through its dual RBRs.

#89 ·
bwaldron said:
Another data point here:

Woke up this A.M. to my HR20-700's ring of lights shining at me, so I knew there had been a restart. I looked at system info and verified that the unit had updated overnight to 3DF. At that point, it became non-responsive to any keypresses on the remote or front panel (A/V continued to play on just fine). So...did the two consecutive RBRs and it seems to be OK.

Went to check on the second HR20-700. It had also updated overnight, and it also became non-responsive after a few remote button presses. It's currently going through its dual RBRs.
Exactly the same thing here. Two HR20-700s got the update overnight and became unresponsive to the remote after a few remote keypresses. :nono2: Edit: I see this seems to be happening to everyone. Doing the double reboots.

#93 ·
Same thing here. My HR20-700 got the update overnight and became unresponsive to the remote after a few remote key presses...Doing the double reboot took care of it.

#94 ·
One of my HR2-700s is now refusing to boot from an external Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750GB drives, the same one that has worked for several years without issue. The screen gets to "Almost there...A few more seconds please..." and then cycles to the beginning again. It never gets past that.

The other HR20-700 does boot from it's drive (also a FreeAgent Pro 750).

And I don't even give a rat's arse about 3D

#96 ·
My HR23 seemed to be working fine after the double RBR. However, it became unresponsive during the playback of Letterman. So, another RBR was done and its working again.

My HR20 is still okay after its double RBR this morning.

As far as the 3de update, the HR23 seems to be slower in bringing up the Guide and Playlist, but it may get better as time goes by since the RBRs.

#99 ·
My HR23-700s need 2 Reboots and were Sluggish when I finally got it working due to the Indexing of the Guide Data which can take up to 36 hours to complete from what I have learned from others here.

One is on it's Third Reboot as it hangs on the Building Scheduler Screen so I will leave it there for awhile to see if it will complete the Reboot Process.

#100 ·
Woke up this morning to find my HR22 dead. I pulled the plug, rebooted it. It booted up fine but as soon as I tried to change the channel it went black again and froze completely. Another pull-the-plug-and-reboot cycle and it seems fine now. Watched a recorded show and changed channels a few times. Weird.

The info page says software version 0x3de, 5/26. Does that mean I received it on 5/26? Because it had been working fine until this morning.

#101 ·
Both My HR20 and HR22 had similar unresponsive issues. They both initially worked fine and then became unresponsive (but continued to play what was already showing just fine). It seems 1 RBR fixed the HR20. The HR22 I did one RBR and it worked for a few minutes. Then it became unresponsive again. Doing 2nd RBR now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.