DBSTalk Forum banner

HR44: Autorecord not working for keyword search (0xa72)

956 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  sailingnuts 
#1 ·
For last 2 weeks or so (maybe since receiving 0xa72), autorecord is no longer working for keyword searches. If I click on the keyword search item in the recordings list, it does recognize programs that match the keyword, but it does not set them to record. This seems to effect almost all of my keyword searches, but there are a couple that still partially work. I've tried the following:

- double reset
- deleting autorecord and then setting it again
- deleting keyword search and then setting it again

any ideas? anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!

#5 ·
inkahauts said:
What's the auto record search sting exactly?

Are you using cchan or cchans? Because if it's the first that's why it's dead now most likely. Have to have the s now.
interesting, yes some of them use cchan (although, it is still picking out the right programs...it's just not recording them). what is the proper way to use cchans if you want to isolate to one channel? for example, how should i redo

"REAL HOUSEWIVES CCHAN 237"

Edit to add: Still not working with CCHANS. same behavior...it picks out the right programs, but doesn't set any of them to record.

thanks!!

#6 ·
inkahauts said:
What's the auto record search sting exactly?

Are you using cchan or cchans? Because if it's the first that's why it's dead now most likely. Have to have the s now.
This scared me so I checked. I have NFL SUNDAY set up for CCHAN 2 83 and it works. My ToDo list shows it and indicates this is the source. Might this work if it was already there but not if it is added now or does it matter?

#8 ·
freshmanjs said:
interesting, yes some of them use cchan (although, it is still picking out the right programs...it's just not recording them). what is the proper way to use cchans if you want to isolate to one channel? for example, how should i redo

"REAL HOUSEWIVES CCHAN 237"

Edit to add: Still not working with CCHANS. same behavior...it picks out the right programs, but doesn't set any of them to record.

thanks!!
Do not look in the to do list. Ignore the to do list. Don't ever mess with and change the to do list just because you disagree with it. Wait and see what it actually does. Trust me the to do list is worthless to actually look at for arsl. You need to see what it actually records and then go from there.

Plus any time you set something to record it doesn't search out far in the future till much latter or when it's in standby.

#9 ·
inkahauts said:
Do not look in the to do list. Ignore the to do list. Don't ever mess with and change the to do list just because you disagree with it. Wait and see what it actually does. Trust me the to do list is worthless to actually look at for arsl. You need to see what it actually records and then go from there.

Plus any time you set something to record it doesn't search out far in the future till much latter or when it's in standby.
What it actually does is to not record the autorecord keywords. it's been missing them for the past 2 weeks. prior that, it hadn't missed any recordings in 18 mos i've had the HR44. There is definitely a new bug. Changing to CCHANS did not help.

#10 ·
You are not alone. I've been frustrated with autorecords since this update. I am hoping the new version that just went out solves it.

Basically, after the box is rebooted, the autorecords populate correctly, but that only lasts for a day or two. After that, they stop updating completely, so recordings only get set for the next two weeks, which is how far the guide data goes. If I reboot the box, they start working again, but again it only works briefly. This seems to be happening with all keyword-based recordings in my to do list.

To the one saying not to look at the to do list, I'm sorry, but that is precisely how I missed some Avalanche hockey games when I was on vacation a couple weeks ago. My autorecord should have worked, but this bug failed me. If I actually looked at the list instead of trusting that everything would record as it should, then I would've caught this before going on the trip.

#11 ·
What is the software version that is supposed to correct the AutoRecord on Bolean Searches?

Technical support is useless. Even Though I stated that several of us are having exactly the same issue, he stated that DTV was unaware of any widespread problem with Keywords/Search Autorecord.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.