DBSTalk Forum banner

International Cricket 2018-19

8K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  Pradyut Pokuri 
#1 · (Edited)
International Cricket 2018-19

#3 ·
Has anyone found out how to watch the IPL full match replays? I went through Willow and received the ID and login for HotStar; however, when you go through the Hotstar app for a match replay, they only offer highlights (and even worse) they have the result splashed on the front page.

Ridiculous.

#4 ·
After a weekend of IPL on Hotstar, I am puzzled how why WillowTV partnered with them. The streaming quality is horrendous and I am using two fast connections (work and home). The picture stutters, freezes, and the quality is pixelated even when playing properly. I never thought I would yearn for the pay-per-view days of ESPN Cricket Pass, but I wish those days would return. Perhaps ESPN+ will make a bid for the tournament next year.

The only positive about Hotstar is the pre-match build up, even though the sound keeps dropping and freezing.

If anyone has any suggestions to improve the quality, please leave the advice here.

Cheers.

#6 ·
Satexplorer - thanks for the tip. On AppleTV, a person needs to close their eyes and scroll all the way to the right for the full match replays. Why Hotstar puts the highlights before the full match replay is beyond me.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I am trying to get Willow TV on Roku. I have added Willow TV to Roku using the 6 digit code I received. I am however not able to pay for Willow's Monthly Subscription. Roku is directing me to Willow TV
When I click this link, I get routed to Willow's home page. I also do not see a way to pay for Willow on Willow's website as a Roku user. Any suggestions?

#8 ·
Any word on who has the USA broadcast rights for England cricket this summer? OneWorld Sport (now, Eleven Sports) had them two or three years ago. Last Summer, the broadcasts were only on WatchESPN. However, this summer, neither broadcaster has the test matches or ODIs listed.

ESPN's new streaming service (ESPN+) will broadcast the one test match between Pakistan and Ireland beginning on May 11.

#9 ·
Any word on who has the USA broadcast rights for England cricket this summer? OneWorld Sport (now, Eleven Sports) had them two or three years ago. Last Summer, the broadcasts were only on WatchESPN. However, this summer, neither broadcaster has the test matches or ODIs listed.

ESPN's new streaming service (ESPN+) will broadcast the one test match between Pakistan and Ireland beginning on May 11.
ESPN+ does not have rights to England Cricket. A brand new Broadcaster in the United States is not announced yet. For online, either be Yupp TV, Hotstar or a new streamer.

#15 · (Edited)
Has anyone been able to view the Duleep Trophy this week? I know the Indian Domestic schedule was altered this year, but I got a rather dismissive reply from WillowTV and have yet to hear back from Hotstar.

Cheers.
Ranji Trophy is mostly televised by Star Sports. All other India domestic cricket televised are the championship round. Star is reportedly carry the Quadrangular Series.

#17 ·
Satexplorer — have you heard anything about cricket matches streamed through HotstarUS? They are sending out emails with a 40% off code, but the code only works for a year's subscription. They are advertising the IPL 2019, ICC matches, and the Asia Cup as exclusives to Hotstar. Does this mean WillowTV will no longer show any of these (or give access to the matches as they did for the IPL 2018 through Hotstar)?

Cheers.

#18 ·
Satexplorer - have you heard anything about cricket matches streamed through HotstarUS? They are sending out emails with a 40% off code, but the code only works for a year's subscription. They are advertising the IPL 2019, ICC matches, and the Asia Cup as exclusives to Hotstar. Does this mean WillowTV will no longer show any of these (or give access to the matches as they did for the IPL 2018 through Hotstar)?

Cheers.
Hackettt what are you waiting for? The deal ends September 20. Hotstar will show India cricket home matches, BCCI Domestic Cricket, Asian Cricket Council, Tamil Nadu Cricket League, Karnataka Cricket League, India womens home matches, ICC Womens Cricket World Cup, IPL, ICC Cricket World Cup from England/Wales.

FOX's Star India now has Global rights to Indian Cricket on TV and Digital. Broadcast rights during the period April 2018-March 31, 2023. Star India has snatched the ICC tournament deal from other regions as well. During that bidding of new India cricket broadcast. The deal was a mess for all bidders. Star India broadcast rights 6,138 Crore ($944 Million). Times of India Group did not match the offer present for the North America region TV and digital. Now you see why Hotstar has a good deal.

There are reports in the United Kingdom. Cricket fans want to see Asia Cup on either Sky or Sony Max. Hotstar ads on social media began during Asia Cup week. Frustrated fans wanting a free trial were given the this deal 11.99 pounds a month, 59.99 pounds annually or get shutout.

#19 ·
Satexplorer — Thanks for the update. I went ahead and renewed my subscription through iTunes, but Hotstar does not recognize iTunes purchases. There is no way to “restore purchases” through the Hotstar app or the web page.

I hope to have the situation cleared up tomorrow morning. So far, Hotstar has not returned my emails asking about the issue.

I like that they have Indian domestic cricket. Ranji Trophy matches have always intrigued me.

Thanks again for the update. I hope to catch up on the Asia Cup starting tomorrow.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Satexplorer - A quick update from Hotstar. Unfortunately, they will not show Indian domestic cricket. Here is the reply I received last night:

We regret to inform you that Indian Domestic cricket matches is not available on our platform.

Please know that in order to stream or broadcast specific tournament we need to get the rights for ICC & BCCI. As much as we would love to be allowed to stream globally, we are restricted on the rights available for specific geographies to different organizations.
I don't know if that just means for Hotstar viewers in the United States, but it lessens the appeal right now.

#21 ·
Hotstar wouldn't share their celebrations with us. The sports section has Duleep Trophy finals highlights. Duleep Trophy is part of BCCI Domestic Cricket. If you have 4 matches going on one particular hour. None of that is shown on Star Sports channels. Domestic finals are shown in India. Permissions? They have delivered quite alternative spices on their app. "160 days of cricket" ads mentions ICC Cricket World Cup both mens and womens. Willow (owned by Times Group of India) couldn't match the offer, Star given to them in the U.S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.