DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official 2019 Thread)

59K views 397 replies 58 participants last post by  ejbvt 
#1 ·
Please use this thread to discuss your feelings about upcoming national HD channels.

This thread will not be as tightly moderated as the rest of the site, but here's the tradeoff...in exchange for being able to rant a bit more, you can be assured that absolutely no one at DIRECTV will be using this thread for reference.

You can ask for all the new HD you want, but DIRECTV's marketing department knows that the 100-150 contributors to this thread are only a small part of the over 20 million U.S subscribers (37+ million world wide).

*Please remember that all forum rules are still in effect.
*Please do not "bump" this thread.
*Other threads that do nothing but anticipate HD channels for which there is no information will be closed.
*This is not a DIRECTV vs. Dish thread, there are other threads for that.

#283 ·
If you want to see what U-verse carries (HD or not), here's the link I use, where they seem to keep the channels updated in "real time": (some other links I've used are still NOT up to date with recent changes from a month ago) Note sometimes this link does go down, but eventually comes back up...good ol' AT&T. :rolleyes:

AT&T U-verse
(if you have to put in a zip code, just use 62704...any zip will show the same results, except for local channels & possibly some RSN's)

Couple other channels on U-verse, that recently went in HD - but NOT on DirecTV, are:
-Daystar (national feed)
-Ride TV was recently added, but ONLY in the HD range on ch 1676, but it does NOT have an "HD" designation on the online list...so myself & oriolesmagic are NOT 100% sure it's actually in HD. I'm going to try to pop over at someone's house I know, that has U-verse & see for myself in the next few days.

Also note there are some recent channels on DirecTV, that did NOT get added to U-verse:
-Hallmark Drama did not get added at all
-Inspiration Network did NOT get upgraded to HD
-The national ION feed on U-verse has never been in HD & still isn't

One other little tidbit...you may as well take C-Span3 completely off your future D* add list; I've been told by numerous people, that it is only available to cable/wireline providers...which is why NEITHER sat company has added it at all.

#284 ·
While it may never have been made available to satellite providers, there's nothing explicitly preventing that. I would presume there's an uplink of C-SPAN 3, just like C-SPAN and C-SPAN 2. There's plenty of cable companies that don't carry C-SPAN 3 either. I've always figured it to be more contractual.

The link you shared is my only hope to get accurate information on AT&T. The other U-Verse website is just a mess.

#297 ·
@KyL416 posted this over at over iamanedgecutter.com just re-capping here

All the West coast feeds currently in testing will launch on 7/15/19 a recap of those are:

WarnerMedia (AT&T)
245-1 TNT West HD
247-1 TBS West HD

Viacom
249-1 Comedy Central West HD
329-1 BET West HD
331-1 MTV West HD

#299 ·
Did all the channels get added ??
At 0601 EST I only saw TBS west and MTV west

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: longhorn23
#302 · (Edited)
The Uverse Starz pact expires in August followed by the Disney suite, among others in September (Directv last renewed the full Disney lineup in December 2014, but more recently made a deal to carry ACCN at launch).

From the July USA Today UVerse legal posting here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1333754?gsi=q5eemy

August 2019

As previously noticed, the AT&T contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 - 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) on or after August 2019: IndiePlex (channel 914); NHK World TV HD (channels 1221, 1379 in HD); RetroPlex (channel 916 and 1916 in HD); Russia Today (channel 370); Starz (channel 902 and 1902 in HD); Starz Cinema (channel 908); Starz Comedy (channel 910 and 1910 in HD); Starz Edge (channel 904 and 1904 in HD); Starz Encore (channel 932 and 1932 in HD); Starz Encore Action (channel 938 and 1938 in HD); Starz Encore Black (channel 942 and 1942 in HD); Starz Encore Classic (channel 934 and 1934 in HD); Starz Encore Espanol (channel 943); Starz Encore Family (channel 944); Starz Encore Suspense (channel 936 and 1936 in HD); Starz Encore - West (channel 933 and 1933 in HD); Starz Encore Westerns (channel 940); Starz in Black (channel 906 and 1906 in HD); Starz Kids & Family (channel 912 and 1912 in HD); Starz Movieplex (channel 909 and 1909 in HD); Starz - West (channel 903 and 1903 in HD); The Tennis Channel (channel 660 and in HD 1660).

September 2019
The AT&T contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 - 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) on or after September 2019: AT&T Sports Net Rocky Mountain West (channel 757 and 1757 in HD); CTI-Zhong Tian (channel 3604); Disney Channel (channel 302 and 1302 in HD); Disney Channel - West (channel 303 and 1303 in HD); Disney Jr. HD/- West (channel 1306 in HD); Disney XD (channel 304 and 1304 in HD); Disney XD - West (channel 305 and 1305 in HD); Disney XD en Espanol (channel 3052 in HD); Eleven Sports Network (channel 1665); ESPN (channel 602 and 1602 in HD); ESPN Classic (channel 603); ESPN Deportes (channel 3113 and 3313 in HD); ESPN2 (channel 606 and 1606 in HD); ESPNEWS (channel 604 and 1604 in HD); ESPNU (channel 604 and 1605 in HD); Estrella (channel 3024); Freeform (channel 178 and 1178 in HD); Freeform West (channel 179 and 1179 in HD); Jewelry TV HD (channels 1056, 1059, 1428 in HD); Longhorn Network (channel 611 and 1611 in HD); NBA TV (channel 632 and 1632 in HD); NBC Sports Chicago (channel 741 and 1741 in HD); NBC Sports Chicago + (channel 742 and 1742 in HD); SECN (channel 607 and 1607 in HD); SEC-A (channel 608 and 1608 in HD); SEC-B (channel 609 and 1609 in HD); Spectrum Sports Net (channel 777 and 1777 in HD); Spectrum Sports net Alternate (channel 779 and 1779 in HD)

#303 · (Edited)
Crazy hopefully those go smooth unlike the local channels

They did come to agreement with viacom so I would think national and premium channels go smooth

I know last year optimum had a long dispute with starz

I think dish still has a dispute with hbo/max but att owns warner media

#307 ·
I wonder if Directv would be willing to renew Disney early just to make a better deal for Uverse (assuming Directv's current deal runs beyond 2019)

ESPN is the most expensive channel family, if ESPN wants a rate increase for an early renewal it might not make sense for them - they could be better off paying more for the few million Uverse customers and make it a short term deal timed to expire when the Directv deal does.

IIRC their last contract with Disney was for seven years, so if current one was the same term it has almost 2 1/2 years left.

Reactions: dtv757
#317 ·
Starz has been renewed across all of AT&Ts offerings.

AT&T and Starz said they have reached a multi-year, comprehensive carriage agreement, securing the rights for AT&T to carry the full suite of Starz and Starz Encore linear and HD channels, on demand and online services across its DirecTV, AT&T TV and U-verse platforms.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/at-t-starz-reach-carriage-renewal

#318 ·
Nice !!
I would have been upset if they lost it in the middle of "power's " new season lol

#327 · (Edited)
Starz has been renewed across all of AT&Ts offerings.

AT&T and Starz said they have reached a multi-year, comprehensive carriage agreement, securing the rights for AT&T to carry the full suite of Starz and Starz Encore linear and HD channels, on demand and online services across its DirecTV, AT&T TV and U-verse platforms.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/at-t-starz-reach-carriage-renewal
Bout dang time! It'd be nice if that article said when the rest of the Encore HD channels are going to added on D* though.

Reactions: APB101
#330 ·
It isn't 100% clear what they are doing for SD only customers that are getting "free upgrades". They are getting HD receivers, but they are outputting in HD? It is possible it be an R22 like situation where the firmware sees "SD customer" on the access card and is locked to 480i/480p output only. Now I think they probably are getting HD since it would be more work for Directv to track those people who aren't paying for HD etc. but the R22 shows they have that capability in the firmware.

We've had a few people post about the notices they've received and their timeline/options, but I don't recall seeing any follow up from those people about how the upgrade process worked out for them.

#336 ·
The Uverse Starz pact expires in August followed by the Disney suite, among others in September (Directv last renewed the full Disney lineup in December 2014, but more recently made a deal to carry ACCN at launch).

From the July USA Today UVerse legal posting here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1333754?gsi=q5eemy

September 2019
The AT&T contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 - 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) on or after September 2019: AT&T Sports Net Rocky Mountain West (channel 757 and 1757 in HD); CTI-Zhong Tian (channel 3604); Disney Channel (channel 302 and 1302 in HD); Disney Channel - West (channel 303 and 1303 in HD); Disney Jr. HD/- West (channel 1306 in HD); Disney XD (channel 304 and 1304 in HD); Disney XD - West (channel 305 and 1305 in HD); Disney XD en Espanol (channel 3052 in HD); Eleven Sports Network (channel 1665); ESPN (channel 602 and 1602 in HD); ESPN Classic (channel 603); ESPN Deportes (channel 3113 and 3313 in HD); ESPN2 (channel 606 and 1606 in HD); ESPNEWS (channel 604 and 1604 in HD); ESPNU (channel 604 and 1605 in HD); Estrella (channel 3024); Freeform (channel 178 and 1178 in HD); Freeform West (channel 179 and 1179 in HD); Jewelry TV HD (channels 1056, 1059, 1428 in HD); Longhorn Network (channel 611 and 1611 in HD); NBA TV (channel 632 and 1632 in HD); NBC Sports Chicago (channel 741 and 1741 in HD); NBC Sports Chicago + (channel 742 and 1742 in HD); SECN (channel 607 and 1607 in HD); SEC-A (channel 608 and 1608 in HD); SEC-B (channel 609 and 1609 in HD); Spectrum Sports Net (channel 777 and 1777 in HD); Spectrum Sports net Alternate (channel 779 and 1779 in HD)
ESPN is running ads tonight that these channels may be dropped soon, although they don't mention AT&T or DIRECTV specifically.

#338 ·
Does anyone know if 110 has gone dark or something? I have an old SK3005 Winegard Trav'ler automatic rooftop dish which has been converted to SWM, etc. I haven't used it for a couple of weeks because of tree cover but today I have a clear sky and the system couldn't find 110. It did lock onto 101 and 119 and was able to obtain service, but not having 110 slows it down. This wasn't the situation when I last used the dish ~3 weeks ago. Maybe the long awaited channel realignment is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.