DBSTalk Forum banner

Fox Blackout and Sunday Ticket

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dtv757 
#1 ·
Here in NY we are getting the warning about losing our Fox station as are most. Does anyone know how this effects the Sunday Ticket. Will we lose all the games that broadcast on Fox?

#3 ·
I think that the Sunday Ticket contract is with the NFL and not the networks that carry the games. I don’t believe that the out-of-market games would be lost, but whatever game is being broadcast on your local Fox station would continue to be blacked out.

#4 ·
A station blackout only affects the games carried on a local station in your area. If a game isn't on local TV, you can watch it on the NFLST channels. If a local station is unavailable due to a carriage dispute, you can still watch the game(s) on that channel on your phone or tablet by installing the NFL app. Any local telecasts are available to watch without authenticating to a pay TV provider.

#5 · (Edited)
Any game that is being shown on your local FOX channel will be blacked out on NFL Sunday Ticket even if your local FOX channel is off DIRECTV’s air over a contract dispute. If you have NFL Sunday Ticket, you’ll still get the other FOX Broadcasted NFL Games on NFL Sunday Ticket. My area went through this a few years back. We lost our local FOX Channel for a little while due to contract dispute but I was still able to see other FOX games on NFL Sunday Ticket. The only game I couldn’t see was the game shown locally.

#6 ·
Any game that is being shown on your local FOX channel will be blacked out on NFL Sunday Ticket even if your local FOX channel is off DIRECTV's air over a contract dispute. If you have NFL Sunday Ticket, you'll still get the other FOX Broadcasted NFL Games on NFL Sunday Ticket. My area went through this a few years back. We lost our local FOX Channel for a little while due to contract dispute but I was still able to see other FOX games on NFL Sunday Ticket. The only game I couldn't see was the game shown locally.
As mentioned previously, any games that are on local TV can be viewed on mobile devices using the NFL app, even if those channels are blacked out over a contract dispute.

#7 · (Edited)
Correct to just about all mentioned above

Since the dispute is with sinclair and not parent fox (like dish network) the fox sports app and foxsports.com will work and you can mirror to an external screen (chromecast etc)

When I lost my local fox due to Nextstar dispute fox sports app , the 4k channel , all still worked and I was able to watch world cup in 4k and MLB games via fox app.

Also as mentioned above , this would only have an effect on the game carried on your local fox station

Not the other national games via NFL ST

But I read somwhere that D* and Sinclar got another extension

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.