DBSTalk Forum banner

DIRECTV Sports Pack

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  b4pjoe 
#1 ·
What is the current price of this? Thinking of downgrading from Premier which has this included but lower packages do not have it included. The AT&T website just shows it is included in my package now but I can't find a price listed as to what the regular price is if I want to add it to a lower package.

#6 ·
So I'm currently paying $174.99 which includes Sport Pack and Premium Pick 4 (with HBO). If I drop down to XTRA and keep Sport Pack and Premium Pick 4 (with HBO) my monthly price would be $173.97 for a saving of $1.02. :(

If I drop down to Choice and keep Sport Pack and Premium Pick 4 (with HBO) my monthly price would be $157.97 for a saving of $17.02. With the Choice package I lose several channels that we watch a lot. :cool:

Moving to Ultra and keeping Sport Pack and Premium Pick 4 (with HBO) would actually cost me $10.00 month more. :confused:

Not much savings if I want to keep Sports Pack and the 4 Premiums which adds $64.98 to any package.

What really adds to the monthly bill is the TOTAL = $65.00 a month for the TV Access fees ($42.00) and the Advanced Receiver Service - DVR ($10.00) Advanced Receiver Service - HD ($10.00) Whole-Home DVR Service ($3.00).

Not complaining just comparing prices and have come to the conclusion the only way to save money on TV service and just to have a lot less options to watch.

#7 ·
I'm confused :confused: are you wanting to keep HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz & Sports Pack? If you are that would be the Pick 5 with HBO which is $58.99/mo.

Premier $174.99 (includes HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz & Sports Pack)
Xtra $108.99 + Pick 5 (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz & Sports Pack) $58.99 = $167.98 (A savings of $7.01/mo vs Premier)
Choice $92.99 + Pick 5 (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz & Sports Pack) $58.99 = $151.98 (A savings of $23.01/mo vs Premier)

If you are wanting to keep Sports Pack with HBO along with 2 other premiums (either Cinemax, Starz and/or Showtime) that would be considered a Pick 4 with HBO and is $50.99
Xtra $108.99 + Pick 4 with HBO (example combo HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sports Pack) $50.99 = $164.98/mo (A savings of $10.01/mo vs Premier)
Choice $92.99 + Pick 4 with HBO (example combo HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Sports Pack) $50.99 = $143.98/mo (A savings of $31.01/mo vs Premier)

The same applies with the other Picks with HBO (I'm using different packages here for example purposes)
Entertainment $74.99 + Pick 3 with HBO (example combo: HBO, Starz, Sports Pack) $40.99 = $115.98
Select $62.99 + Pick 2 with HBO (example combo: HBO & Cinemax) $27.99 = $90.98

Epix is not considered a "Premium" by DirecTV and is considered an add-on like Movies Extra Pack and DOG TV so you add the regular cost of Epix to any form of the "Pick" pricing like Pick 4 with HBO ($50.99) + Epix ($5.99) equals $56.98

#8 ·
Are you sure Sports Pack is considered one of the Premiums? I said Pick 4 because I have 4 premiums including HBO...HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz and that is 4. I guess it would be Pick 5 if Sports Pack is considered as one of the Premiums.

I calculated my numbers as Pick 4 ($50.99) and Sports Pack as an extra at $13.99 according to MysteryMan's post.

Edit: OK I see in your chart Sports Pack is listed as part of the Premiums so your numbers are the correct ones.

So yes I was wanting to see the lower packages and still keep my Premiums + Sports Pack. Also I have Encore that is included in the Premier package but is not listed in your chart as one of the packs. Do you know the cost of Encore?

#10 ·
With D* the StarzEncore channels (535-542) are included with a regular Starz subscription.

If you don't want the primary Starz channels (525-531) you have the option to get the StarzEncore channels as an a la carte add-on for $7.99/mo. The StarzEncore a la carte pricing does not count as a "premium" just an add-on like Epix, Movies Extra Pack and DOG TV.

D* customers in the AT&T billing system can add the StarzEncore a la carte option online, D* customers in the legacy billing system have to call or chat to get the StarzEncore a la carte pricing.

#11 ·
Well look at it this way... If you do Xtra + all 5 premiums you essentially save $7 which is the cost of 1 receiver and all you would lose is Cowboy Channel (603) and TUDN (464) hehe.

Alternately if you pay separately for Epix or want Epix you could move down to Xtra + all 5 premiums then add on Epix and not pay anything extra. That way you would have every premium movie channel D* does offer. ;) Xtra + Pick 5 (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Sports Pack) + Epix is $173.97/mo meanwhile Premier is $174.99 but has no Epix (boo!)

Reactions: b4pjoe
#12 ·
End of August I have a discount rolling off. I'll probably call then and try to get another discount and maybe go down to Xtra and add Epix. Nothing on Epix really excites me but if I can add it and pay $1.02 less per month...why not? LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.