DBSTalk Forum banner

AT&T Logo appearing in the center of the screen.

2K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  inkahauts 
#1 ·
What's up with this? It is quite distracting.

#15 ·
I've seen this happen occasionally if you're watching an 'on demand' show. The AT&T logo is present for a few seconds at the start of an on demand show and it should then disappear. I have occasionally seen a bug where the logo superimposes over the pictures when it isn't supposed to. Just navigate away to various other channels until you find one that it isn't on, and it will then go away. I saw it yesterday, but I got rid of it within 60 seconds.

#22 ·
There are plenty of anomalies on DTV boxes. The latest ones I've seen:

1) Was watching an SD program (pillared, of course) and put it on pause. The screensaver came up. When I hit play, the pillars were gone and the SD show was stretched. Had to exit playback and restart it to get it back to SD. I've only seen this once.

2) Was watching a recording, say an episode of TBBT and the ep description is "Sheldon goes bonkers over xxx". I then go in the guide while playing and EVERY program has a description of "Sheldon goes bonkers". You go in the guide to I Love Lucy and you get the description of "Sheldon goes bonkers". Have to exit the recording playback to clear that. I've seen that 4 - 5 times over the past 6 months.

Not to mention random reboots, missed recordings, wrong recordings (I record show X at Tues @ 8pm and then go to watch it and its not there and then a week later I see show X recorded on Friday at 2am or something). Guide updates I suppose.

#25 ·
Well when I have seen that it’s because the first showing doesn’t specially say Hi Definition but the latter one does so it waits for the Hi Definition airing. I saw that consistently with a syfy show several years ago so I wonder if it’s the same issue. A leftover coding issue that was once very needed but now can cause this little quirk sometimes. I’d be curious if you check the guide data and see the same things on those shows. .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.