DBSTalk Forum banner

Where can I watch 4K on Dish?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  audiomaster 
#1 ·
Is there any place you can actually see a show in 4K on dish? I know you need the right equipment meaning joeys and hopper to watch along with a 4k tv. I have all of that in the living room and was wondering if there is a channel or some channels that will from time to time show movies in 4K. Which ones if they do? Thx.

#2 ·
4K is presented as the occasional sporting event or special program. There are some 4K PPVs as well. Not a lot of content.

#3 ·
Before this covid madness Dish used three channels beginning with 540 (540-1, 540-2 and 540-3) for certain 4K live sporting events.

The College Basketball tournaments were just beginning in March and Dish was broadcasting certain conference tournament games in 4K when everything got shut down. Before that they had broadcast Major League baseball games once or twice a week and the Super Bowl in 4K. College football games were broadcast in 4K. Nearly all if not all were originated by FOX.

There were at least 1 or 2 live sporting events every week.

540-1 was the standard 4K channel, 540-2 was the 4K HDR channel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.